Burrell call should be for the west to improve and maintain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burrell call should be for the west to improve and maintain

whatever stadium they have. The call is not to build a new white elephant but to improve on what is already in the west...

Jarrett Park
    Greenfield
    Elliston wakeland
    Catherine Hall
    Duanvale
    Watson taylor
    Frome

and the academy in st.elizabeth or sell the place and mek the new one a portmore ..

The money that it will take to build a new stadium should be more than enought to improve one or two of the stadium in the west.

The call also should be proper maintenaince from staff,players , fans and the public in general.

Burrell challenges MPs about stadium out west
    published: Friday | April 18, 2008

Adrian Frater, News Editor

WESTERN BUREAU:
    JAMAICA FOOTBALL Federation (JFF) president Captain Horace Burrell has issued a challenge to the three government ministers from St James to join forces to ensure the parish gets at least a 10,000-seat stadium.

"I am calling on Dr Horace Chang, Clive Mullings and Edmund Bartlett, the three government ministers from this parish, to ensure that you get at least a decent 10,000-seat facility," said Burrell while addressing yesterday's launch of the St James FA Guardian Life Division Two competition. "It is something the people from this region more than deserve."

Rescue the parish
    Drawing reference to the glory days of St James' football, Burrell said there was now an urgent need to rescue the parish and put it back on a path of growth.

He said the JFF was extremely disappointed with the current situation and has pledge the support of the organisation in the drive to rebuild football in the region.
    "We will be doing all we can to help but I am calling upon you to demand more from the politicians," said Burrell. "You supported them, so they should support you - that is something you should demand."

In outlining some of the JFF's plans to bring back high visibility to football in the west, Burrell said CFU Caribbean Cup, which will be hosted by Jamaica, will see one zone being played in Kingston and the other in western Jamaica.

He also noted that plans were in place to play the second leg of the 2010 World Cup Elimination opener between Bahamas and Jamaica, which has been awarded to Jamaica, at the Trelawny Multi-purpose Stadium. "The two legs will be played in Jamaica because The Bahamas does not have a suitable facility to host their home game," said Burrell.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Burrell challenges MPs about stadium out west
      published: Friday | April 18, 2008

Adrian Frater, News Editor

WESTERN BUREAU:
      JAMAICA FOOTBALL Federation (JFF) president Captain Horace Burrell has issued a challenge to the three government ministers from St James to join forces to ensure the parish gets at least a 10,000-seat stadium.

"I am calling on Dr Horace Chang, Clive Mullings and Edmund Bartlett, the three government ministers from this parish, to ensure that you get at least a decent 10,000-seat facility," said Burrell while addressing yesterday's launch of the St James FA Guardian Life Division Two competition. "It is something the people from this region more than deserve."
      Perhaps a renovation...an expansion and a modifying of an existing facility?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

complete Catherine hall. Expand the seating to 10k

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
          complete Catherine hall. Expand the seating to 10k
          Just this - How do you put in the roadways to allow for rapid movement in and out and away from Catherine Hall in double quick time?

...truth is...even at our premier sporting venue - It is long overdue for work to improve movement in and out of the National Stadium to be done!

Comment

why would you complicate the matter. Well the good news is whatever they do with the dualization of the Bogue Road will help.

Comment

why would you complicate the matter. Well the good news is whatever they do with the dualization of the Bogue Road will help.
              No complication. Just thinking out loud!

Comment

So how them have Western Champs up deh?

You ever go a Orange Bowl yet?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  So how them have Western Champs up deh?
                  Western Champs? How?
                  You leave as you can!

You ever go a Orange Bowl yet?
                  Yes! ...and it is a shame how you have to struggle to get out! ...and I think that is one reason why there is talk for calls of a new Stadium sited ealsewhere.

Comment

I think Burrell should be specific and ask for Cathering Hall to be completed and also to be named the Malcolm- Anglin Park. It would not take much I think is changing rooms and seating/ concessions

Comment

I think Burrell should be specific and ask for Cathering Hall to be completed and also to be named the Malcolm- Anglin Park. It would not take much I think is changing rooms and seating/ concessions
                      mmmm?

Comment

Working...
                      X