Here is your letter, Sass! Rene answers prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is your letter, Sass! Rene answers prayers

THE WEALTH OF TALENT OVERSEAS THAT I AM SEEING, PUT THE BEST FROM HOME, OFFERS EXCELLENT POSSIBILITIES FOR OUR FOOTBALL PROGRAMME AND GOAL SOUTH AFRICA

Dear Jamaicans.

The pessimist complains about the Wind, the optimist waits for the Wind, and the realist adjusts the sails and goes after the wind.” I always think the wind will turn and it will get better and work out. However, there are those times when we need to understand what is happening and go after the wind.

My decision to go to England and the United States has everything to do with the above. I´m going after what is best for Jamaica aiming to do things in a different and better way than was done before. It took me some time to identify that things are different this time around. Perhaps you may be thinking that nothing in life is always the same. I agree, but I needed to be certain. What has changed?

Before our tasks were to come to Jamaica, observe games, select players, train them, internationalize them through games abroad and play the qualifiers. We did that and it worked. It worked so well that many players signed, and continue to sign today, contracts with teams abroad after the 1998 World Cup. Of course there were some overseas based players, but those were a handful at the time.

Although we must continue to do what we did before, after all very good talent is in Jamaica, we cannot close our eyes to the reality of many. Today there are over forty players spread around the world who can represent Jamaica in international games.

I was tired to hearing names of possible selected players and not know who they are or if they have potential to be selected. A national team coach has the obligation to know all possible players and to have the answer to the questions being posed. I need to be well informed and have my own opinion about these players.

My trip so far has given me this possibility. I have observed, talked, asked questions and generally interacted with the athletes who show potential to be in the next selection list. I have also had a chance to better understand their realities and situations.

I left Jamaica with a list of 18 selected and possibly selected players. This list is now at 32, with the names of some players who are in top teams in the Championship League in England. As if that wasn´t enough, the number of players who are in U-17 and U-20 ages is also large. Although I don´t have all of their names yet, I know that some of them are still dreaming about playing for England some day. It is important to have dreams, and everyone knows I am a true believer of them, but those players are now off my list. I don´t want anyone playing for Jamaica because there was no other choice. I want the players who want to do something for the country and who will wear the green, black and gold colors with pride. To those players, I have promised nothing except that the doors are open to them.

After Sunday I am off to the United States to observe the players who compete in the Major League. I want to identify all possible national players as soon as possible and be able to form a base group of true gladiators for our goal!

I am sure that Jamaican football will be the one to receive the greatest benefits of these efforts, which will take us one step closer to our goal – South Africa!
    May God bless you all.
    Rene Simoes

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Perhaps you may be thinking that nothing in life is always the same. I agree, but I needed to be certain. What has changed?
    Well, for one thing, the kits have not changed. He can shake off his old Kappa stuff, with the Jesus Saves and all, and be current again!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I don´t want anyone playing for Jamaica because there was no other choice.

Ten years late, but better than never!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well, for one thing, the kits have not changed. He can shake off his old Kappa stuff, with the Jesus Saves and all, and be current again!
        Really, you can't be serious? I am not sure my Kappa jersey from 1998 still fits. Maybe if I lose 20 pounds, I will be cris with my kappa jersey.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

yuh really tink mi serious?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No sah....
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

nice letter.. hey he needs to come to Toronto.

Comment

Obrien White deh pon summer vacation yet?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

heheheheee---UB-40 com-eeeeen...hehehheeee
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

he might be in Connecticut.. dont see him here

Comment

HL i think simones would look at these wtford guy for the under 20

check the link lewis young , bennett ,brown etc

http://www.watfordfc.premiumtv.co.uk...127831,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                        nice letter.. hey he needs to come to Toronto.
                        how much player of JA back ground does canada have avaiable

Comment

tons at the youth level.. At the senior level most are already committed to Canada. Collegiately they are also many.. lots of Trinis too.

Comment

wi soon know!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Cap'n Burrell is running the JFF like a business.

If you want to be successful in business, one of the (many) things you do is hire the best personnel.

The best footballers are not in Jamaica.
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X