Rio thanks Eto'o for sportsmanship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio thanks Eto'o for sportsmanship

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has revealed he thanked Samuel Eto'o for his sportsmanship after the 0-0 draw in the Champions League on Wednesday.
    The Barcelona attacker was caught by Ferdinand inside the area during the second half of the Camp Nou stalemate.
    United's captain on the night revealed he feared not only would a penalty be given but the referee would send him off, ensuring he would miss the all-important second leg at Old Trafford next week.
    "It did surprise me, especially in today's game, because a lot of players make a meal out of challenges," conceded Ferdinand.
    "I lost my feet and slipped into him. If he had gone over, it would have been a penalty and a red card.
    "So I thanked him afterwards for his good sportsmanship, which you don't often see."
    Eto'o, meanwhile, is confident Barca will finish the job at Old Trafford by scoring a crucial away goal.
    "It's a good result as away goals count double and, if we score, they'll have to score two," he reasoned.
    "They are the ones who have the problem and we'll show that at Old Trafford."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Yeah ... I was surprized when Eto'o didn't go down. Talk bout being fortunate.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well if Eto was south american, he would have faked the foul.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Or Portuguese.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          Well if Eto was south american, he would have faked the foul.
          Thought Ferdinand said Eto'o was impeded?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I haven't been following happenings at Barcelona... does Ronaldinho have any chance of playingin the return leg ? and why didn't he play last match?

pr
            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              I haven't been following happenings at Barcelona... does Ronaldinho have any chance of playingin the return leg ? and why didn't he play last match?

pr
              It is said he is injuried, however, I think it is more than injury as he is trying to move elsewhere.

Comment

Hmmmm, Eto'o could have easily gone down--and he would be awarded a penalty for sure.

Some players are more decent than others...........
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Well, Barca needed him if they were to win the first leg match, especially for the free kicks. It seemed to me that only TH came close to taking a decent one.

pr
                  Peter R

Comment

Peter R,

Excuse me while I switch sport, but do you have any update on the match between Trinidad and Jamaica?
                    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                      Peter R,

Excuse me while I switch sport, but do you have any update on the match between Trinidad and Jamaica?
                      BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                        Well, Barca needed him if they were to win the first leg match, especially for the free kicks. It seemed to me that only TH came close to taking a decent one.

pr
                        Yes ... I think he most certainly would have done better with the freekicks compared to what Deco and others did on Wednesday.

Comment

I had a disclaimer: "Excuse me while I switch..."
                          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Working...
                          X