RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another very POOR financial decision by the Government!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another very POOR financial decision by the Government!!!

The Jamaican government should not be investing money into football. It's simply not the role of government. But--intellectual midgets will be intellectual midgets still. Nothing has changed with Jamaican leadership.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

RE: Another very POOR financial decision by the Government!!!

Stop the complaining. Let the games begin.

Comment

Bricktop, seems like Omar and the other government power-brokers gambled--and already reaping the benefits. So let the games begin bass!!

Jamaica has NEEDS...repeat, NEEDS that far out weigh employing one man for such a large investment.

Mosiah cited one example of how a tiny fraction of that expenditure could solve important health care problem facing jamaica. I will not even talk about the horrible decomposed state of some Primary and Secondary schools on the island....

ALL the money for Bora's tenureshould be from private company source.

Lastword:

Being able to see does not mean one has VISION.

HL

Comment

HL (10/14/2006)The Jamaican government should not be investing money into football.
        The question I would ask goes something like this/or is related to something like this -How many persons are actively involved in the game? ...and, besides any other social benefit, how much does football contribute to the economy?

If, as Ithink, funds circulating as a result of football run into the billions of dollars why should the government not be investing in making the economic and other benefits to the nation be increased?

Ofcourse, the matter of potential for growth, what any determinedpotential growth representand increased benefits to the nation must factor into whetheror not it is worthwhile forinvestment....and, 'shape' and size of investment, if any.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Cant agree with you there HL. Sport plays a very important role in teh development of any nation, and in Jamaica's case, Government investment in sports is just a small payback for the acclaim and fame brought to our country by ours sportsmen.

We dont seem to have a problem with Government "investing" in prisons....but as soon as they invest in Sport, a critical aspect of our culture, we start complaining.

Consider the fact that we might very well export 6 or so players to European clubs during Bora's tenure. Assume for a minute that each player commands a transfre fee of US$2M, and monthly wages of US$10,000. The majority of that money will flow right back into Jamaica....and eventually right back into the hands of the GOJ

President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

RF, sport is important to the development of a nation and I am sure that no one is disputing that. The fact of the matter however is that when you manage any entity, you have to first take care of the services which are considered essential.Health care, education, providing good roads etc are some of the essential services which are suffering right now because government does not have any money to take care of them. It looks bad when government decides to take its scarce resource and channel it in sport ahead of the essential services.

Recently a nephew of mine in Jamaica was hit by a car and he suffered head injuries. I do not want to start telling you about some of the every basics which were lacking at the KPH where he was taken. The main clinical hospital in Kingston (KPH) is loaded with rats and roaches and patients have to bring theirr own bed linen if admitted.

The matter hits home because recently I had a family member who was injured and he had to go there. I am therefore not too keen on supporting government using its scarce resource (the people's money) in paying for a football coach when lives could be saved if the same funds were injected in providing some well needed upgrade to these hospitals and other essential services. I have no problem with the JFF securing funds from private entities to fund this coach, but I do not think government should be pitching in.

Sport is important, but it should fall further down on the list of priorities of the government.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

And even if we agree that government should contribute, the question is, how much?

US$500,000 per year seems too much for me!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Fan-of-Reggae, It's clear from what youwrote we can conclude-- thatthe government will spends money better than the private sector. That they are more fiscally more responsible than private companies.

HL

Comment

Working...
                X