• Show
Clear All

• Bora wants to see them all

<DIV id=printReady>

Bora wants to see them all
    published: Tuesday | October 17, 2006
    <DIV class=KonaBody>

Adrian Frater, News Editor

<SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 700; COLOR: orange! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: orange 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Jamaica</SPAN> Football Federation (JFF) president Crenston Boxhill (right) sits next to coach Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic during Sunday's Wray and Nephew National Premier League match at Jarrett Park, St. James. - Photo by Adrian Frater

Western Bureau:

Players involved in the 2006-07 Wray &amp; Nephew National Premier League (NPL) competition will not have to rely on anyone recommending them to Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic, the national technical director designate, as he plans to visit NPL games to see the local lads in action.

"I will be going to see as many games as I can," said 'Bora' after watching Sunday's game between Wadadah and Portmore <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: orange! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">United</SPAN> at Jarrett Park. "I want to see as many players as I can in the shortest time possible."

While not outlining his plans for the national programme, the Serbian-born coach, who has the enviable distinction of taking five separate teams to the <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: orange! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">World </SPAN><SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: orange! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">Cup</SPAN>, was clearly on the job on Sunday as he was seen scribbling down the numbers of a few players as Portmore upstaged the <A class=kLink oncontextmenu="return false;" id=KonaLink3 &#111;nmouseover=adlinkMouseOver(event,this,3); style="POSITION: relative; TEXT-DECORATION: underline! important" &#111;nclick=adlinkMouseClick(event,this,3); &#111;nmouseout=adlinkMouseOut(event,this,3); href="http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20061017/sports/sports4.html#" target=_new><FONT style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: orange! important; FONT-FAMILY: Aria

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: Bora wants to see them all

Mosiah (10/17/2006)<DIV id=printReady>

‘It would be unfair to single out any particular player,’ said Milutinovic, as he watched my eyes glancing down to the paper in his hands with various numbers scribbled on it. ‘There will be lots of time to properly assess the players before naming names.’ <DIV class=KonaBody>
    What kind of an article is this?!?! Come on, Gleaner! "...as he watched my eyes glancing down..."

HUH?!?!</DIV></DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Should a reporter reveal the coach's notes without the express permission of the coach? If a reporter saw something that Bora did not wish to mek known, then mek it pass...
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

<DIV>Well, it is not clear if this is a column by Frater or a Gleaner report, free for first person references and the like!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Standards. What's that again?</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Same thing crossed my mind when I saw the story, was this a news story or a first person column, I know of a few players who he made note of but since he refused to answer a direct question about it I thought it best to leave it alone.

Ethics? The Gleaner used to conduct several of those seminars while I was there and I know he was a part of them, as to what he might have learned I cant say.

On the other hand, the reporter can write all the foolishness they want, what about bthe editor that saw the story and allowed it to be carried as is?
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

you no longer at the gleaner?

where are you now?

Comment

Been at the Observer since last November, Gleaner fired my ass- ha ha ha, actually I resigned but I should not have as I walked away and left about $180,000 in lieu of six weeks pay. I should have let them fire me as from what I heard it would not have made any difference given my experience and the reason they claimed they were firing me for.

They tricked me by telling me that if I resigned it would not look too bad on my resume but they did it to save themselves money.

Why they fired me?

They claimed I had breached my contract by producing a weekly three minutes sports cast for RJR, and they said since they owned Power 106FM this was a breach. Interesting thing is that when they aquired the radio station after my employment, my contrcat was never amended to include this as prior to that working for an electronic media house would not be a conflict.

Even when they took over trhe Power 106 news room there was no agreement with the Western branch but I was ready to leave anyhow as I felt like I wa sspinning my wheels and not going anywhere.

I took some time off went to London to visit my NNP and came back to start kicking ther buts right left and centre in western jamaica as far as sports is concerned.
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
              X