Jamaica's Football Administrators are pathetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica's Football Administrators are pathetic

As a ReggaeBoyz supporter, it pains my heart to see the current state of our football. Have you ever been in love and your partner cheats on you? I'm sure most of us have been through that experience before, if not, then you are too young to be reading this . Anyway, that's how I feel, like my heart is being ripped out of my chest. Then I ask myself what can I do as a fan to help effect a change?

I think that the Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club is operating in a vacuum. We as fans need to momobilize ourselves and publicly voice our disappointment in the JFF. It is hard to be effective in cyberspace, but we have administrators who are local and on the ground who can act on our behalf. I am suggesting drafting a petition, signed by members and visitors to the forum, which outlines our concerns. This should be forwarded to the respective news agencies. Let us ututilize the power of the media to pressure the JFF. Our forum will then be taken more seriously. I know that JFF personnel knows about us, however, they laugh at whatever grouses us fans have. That's because they are not held accountable for their actions. We need to change that!

So what say you? Can we stop beating up our gums and do something?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

RE: Jamaica's Football Administrators are pathetic

Jangle, Jangle...

All the signatures in the world would not sway any JFF administration any time soon when our organisation continues to languish with the lack of real participation from our forumites. We are still trying to award a scholarship through the Peter Cargill Memorial Fund. It's the most difficult thing for us to get anyone to volunteer to do anything, whether on the site or otherwise. The RBSC cannot afford to become Karl and Mosiah, or Tilla and Reggaefan. The JFF will never take us seriously if they know our numbers are as small as it is.

Jangle, we have tried many things in the past, without the success we would have liked. Not even the picnic (for some the only thing we really accomplish) is as successful as it could be.

Jangle, your call for action is nothing new. That is why the RBSC was formed in the first place. But after the congratulations and big-ups for forming the club, what?!

Okay, that's the past. Let's look ahead.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

any suggestion

Comment

Dont see what the jair thing has to do with this. How can we be more that a JFF apologist and special player booster...

Comment

See! That's exactly what I am talking about. Now, whatever I say represents the views of the RBSC. Don't be so simplistic, OJ. Karl, for instance, has not agreed with me on many issues. So how come my view represents the RBSC?

Still, if people have a problem with my apologist stance and my support for one particular Reggae Boy as president of the RBSC, they know what they can do!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Jangle, I am ready to do what I can in terms of setting up an online petition or whatever. Look at my signature...I suggested this long time ago but no one seems brave enough to step forward and do something asbout it. I see Boxhill firing people left right andf center, whilenot making any adjustment to his back office staff. We need to haul them out of office.
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Mosiah, what kind of a crap response is that? You havent adressed the fact that we have inompetent administrators leading our football. We the fans are very low on morale right now, simply because there isnt much to shout about in terms of our football. We cant even play games in the office any molre because of fear that we will lose money...I recall te days when we used to gross 18M at the gates in one single friendly game.

President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

We grossed 18M at the gates!? Who told you that?

RF, what do you mean what kid of response is that? It wouldn't matter who made up the JFF admin, my post would still be relevant. I am loking inward, to our problems. We have to fix those first.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Go ask Burrell. We made 18M at the gates either in one game or over a two game period. do th emath, figure out how much money 30K people in the office paying an average of US$15 per ticket will gross.

Last time I checked, that would gross J$27M. There is no way you are supposed to be losing money from such a venturte, if anything you break even. And since when making money is th emain objective? Isnt it all about getting our players exposure?

Talk about being jack-asses.

Comment

i think your figures are a bit off the captains - how much did they net ?

not defending the JFF here but just asking what would be your course of action here?

Comment

The problem with this JFF and Burrell's also...is no transparency. I suggested long, long ago that ticket sales for matches be handled by an outside independent source.

There would ne no crap about"security breakdown" as per Boxhill's claims and strict accounting for all tickets would be had. The body used would have insurance policiess in place to ensure the JFF received full expected income in the eventlosses of funds from ticket sales occured.

An independent agent handling the ticket sales would also lent itself to full disclosure of income...and, encourage the JFF to give full disclosure of expenditure on each match.

Certainly if I were JFF president and or a member of any leadership board within the JFF I would insist that this occured. Trust me I would be a lose cannon where transparency is concerned. I would use every means at my disposal - speaking engagements, press...to ppush for such a policy. No JFF person should handle tickets and or income from tickets. Independent agency handling ticket sales -------> to JFF's special account specifically opened for this transaction. Funds to be subsequently used elsewhere---->properpaper trail process to transfer the 'draw down' to the relevant account.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Balla, the sole aim of the JFF cant be making profit in each and every single game they play in the stadium.We used to play very regular games in the office under Simoes and the coaches after him, are you suggesting to me that those games were all played at a loss? If so, then how was it that even after losing money at these games, we still continued to play veryfrequently regradless?

If Boxhill's primary goal is to make a profit, then tell him to go do a course in business managementor step aside.

I wonder how all the other teams in the world manage to make money from playing at home.

if you cant at least break even after garnering J$50M after two games you are either tiefing the money or you are a total jackass.

Comment

Reggae-Fan (8/12/2006)

if you cant at least break even after garnering J$50M after two games you are either tiefing the money or you are a total jackass.

And both are bad...and, means 'you' should be dismissed/fired/put out of office! ...and, that's a fact!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Reggae fan I never spoke about the sole aim of the JFF that is something you are now introducing and something I cannot speak about .I am not suggesting that thegames were played at a loss I am just question your figures

I think it was reported that theJFF haspaid of about 30 million of the debts it inherited from the previous administration so they must be doing something in that regards.

Comment

Balla, what is 30 Million dollars in debts in a sport which has the ability to gross 30 million form the staging of just one game? In the grand scheme of things, a J$30 million debt is not that significant, especially when you have assets valuing much more than that amount.

Comment

Working...
                              X