RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time the Boyz scored from a freekick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was the last time the Boyz scored from a freekick?

Okay, let's make it easier. When was the last time the Boyz took a decent freekick?

Set plays will become very important when the team is unable to break down a defence line. I can't remember ever seeing Andy taking a decent freekick, but we persist with him. Better wi have a man like Austin or Essien (E. Taylor) blast one at the wall. The sensible defenders who love dem life might duck. But we need to fix this deficiency.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Didn't Austin score on last year? If it wasn't a freekick ... my apologies.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Dis sound like a campaign stump for Germsmaine Huey

Comment

Was waiting for that. But you're wrong. That will not happen. But it still does not take away from the fact that a creative midfielder was seriously lacking from yesterday's game, and that we need a decent freekick taker.

The last good freekick I can remember was Maestro's against England that struck the net support. Incidentally, the last freekick that I can remember scoring was also by Maestro against St. Lucia in a Digicel match about 4 years ago.

So, the question is, who is the replacement?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

When it comes to shooting towards goal, I don't think Andy has taken a decent free kick since around 98. Does a good job with the corners and kicks when you need to p[ut the ball in the box, but the shooting has been horrible.

I haven't seen Austin do that well with his free kicks for Jamaica at the senior level or junior level. He has kicked them away for the most part.

Mosiah, how your boy J. Taylor look like him slower than 50 year old Pepe?

Comment

I am scared when J Taylor is in defence. Makes too many errors for my liking. He's fine against a Bahamas, but would give me the jitters against any decent side.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He committed a horrible foul at the 2005 Gold Cup in Foxboro and got red carded vs USA. During that game he gave the impression that he lacked basic tackling skills.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Was waiting for that. But you're wrong. That will not happen. But it still does not take away from the fact that a creative midfielder was seriously lacking from yesterday's game, and that we need a decent freekick taker.

The last good freekick I can remember was Maestro's against England that struck the net support. Incidentally, the last freekick that I can remember scoring was also by Maestro against St. Lucia in a Digicel match about 4 years ago.

So, the question is, who is the replacement?
                I wonder what you mean by creative?
                A man who can bruk...mus bruk before passing?...or a Valderama type, i.e. one who creates mainly via his passes?

...or a Fabregas type that serves up killer passes all match long?

...or for you the player must both bruk and at times serve deadly killer passes?

Give me Pele and Valderrama killer passes! Give me Fabregas' killer passes. Give me Maradona's killer passes! Sure Pele, Maradona and one like Socrates can beat opponents...but it is their creative killer passes that grab me more than any other thing!

Who remembers at the (the 1986 or was it 1982 (?) World Cup where at times in games Maradona made only one time passes and mixed that with deadly killer passes...as opposed to running at the opponents?

Pele's killer passes were, for me, the most deadly as oft times the opponents had not a clue...or time to react...or were completely fooled into expecting a different trajectory and or direction of the pass/passed ball.
                Last edited by Karl; June 16, 2008, 04:53 PM.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I'm talking about someone who can play the ball onto a striker's preferred foot. I'm talking about someone who can read his attackers and play a perfectly weighted ball into space for the attacker to strike to goal with the least amount of effort. Whether him bruk before doing it, or he simply does it, couldn't care less.

Tell me, when we played against the USA some years ago, and Maestro sent that long grounder into space for Teofore to latch onto and in one move round the goal and score, was that a Fabregas, Valderrama, Maradona or Pele type pass?

Tell me another thing, Karl, who is closest to that Fabregas-like player on our team right now?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Make you feel any better when Claude or Stew Peas are there for Jamaica?

The defense is a work in progress.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Nope! Different kinda scare. Stew Peas and Claude will cane-cut an attacker or kick off dem 'ead. Taylor will kick and miss or too casual in his tackle. End result the same - goal against the Boyz from a penalty or open play.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        I'm talking about someone who can play the ball onto a striker's preferred foot. I'm talking about someone who can read his attackers and play a perfectly weighted ball into space for the attacker to strike to goal with the least amount of effort. Whether him bruk before doing it, or he simply does it, couldn't care less.
                        OK!

Tell me, when we played against the USA some years ago, and Maestro sent that long grounder into space for Teofore to latch onto and in one move round the goal and score, was that a Fabregas, Valderrama, Maradona or Pele type pass?
                        It was an excellent killer pass!

Tell me another thing, Karl, who is closest to that Fabregas-like player on our team right now?
                        Andy is the only one on this TEAM that I have seen enough to say - YES!
                        The other I am waiting and looking. Let's see what they do during these World cup qualifiers!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Not only that wid Claude and Stew Peas, the two a them often follow the ball and leave gaps in the defense.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I believe the last two goals on free kicks were

1. Onandi on a 45-yarder against El Salvador

2. Theodore Whitmore vs. USA (they sold USA on Onandi taking the kick, then Whitmore charged in and took the kick.)

Comment

What about one who will do it for more than 10-15 minutes in a game. Give me someone that will distribute the ball (albeit in workmanlike fashion) for 90 minutes and run go tackle when him don't have the ball, rather than one who will disappear unless someone search him out and give him the ball (or him get a free kick).

Comment

Working...
                              X