RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaica has never beaten Mexico and the USA at SR level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica has never beaten Mexico and the USA at SR level?

Raymond Anderson Third vice-president, JFF

Anderson
    "Certainly. We're not planning to play for the half spot. If we want to qualify we've to beat some of those teams (Mexico, Honduras and Canada)."

Commenting on the fact that Jamaica have never beaten Mexico or the United States in senior World Cup qualifying: "This time around we've to really try and change that (beat Mexico and the United States) because South Africa is where we're going and we're not going there to cheer for any other country, we're going there to cheer for the Reggae Boyz.

Regarding this opening assignment: "Bahamas or BVI, that's the hardest one. You can't take nothing for granted. When you've an opponent you feel you can beat that normally turns out to be the most troublesome game. So we've to be ready for that one."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Correct me if I am wrong. but haven't we beaten Mexico in WCQ before? If I remember correctly, courtesy of an Ian Goodison header.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
    Raymond Anderson Third vice-president, JFF

Anderson
    "Certainly. We're not planning to play for the half spot. If we want to qualify we've to beat some of those teams (Mexico, Honduras and Canada)."
    Commenting on the fact that Jamaica have never beaten Mexico or the United States in senior World Cup qualifying: "This time around we've to really try and change that (beat Mexico and the United States) because South Africa is where we're going and we're not going there to cheer for any other country, we're going there to cheer for the Reggae Boyz. Regarding this opening assignment: "Bahamas or BVI, that's the hardest one. You can't take nothing for granted. When you've an opponent you feel you can beat that normally turns out to be the most troublesome game. So we've to be ready for that one."
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Correct me if I am wrong. but haven't we beaten Mexico in WCQ before? If I remember correctly, courtesy of an Ian Goodison header.
    Yeap! You're correct.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

not true...we had to beat mexico to qualify for the hex, pepe scored a header in the 89th minute at the office ... true, we have never beated the us.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yuh rite!

17/11/1996,

Kingston, National Stadium, 32.000

JAMAICA 1-0 MEXICO [HT 0-0]

Scorer: Ian Goodison 82' (1-0)

Jam: Warren Barrett, Dexter Brown, Fabian Davis (Anthony McCreath 77'), Ian Goodison, Linval Dixon, Gregory Messam, Stephen Malcolm (AltimontButler 85'), Peter Cargill, Theodore Whitmore, Walter Boyd, OnandiLowe

Referee: Mario Escobar López (Guatemala)

Cards: Onandi Lowe [Y 15'], Stephen Malcolm [Y 68']
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

nope he's not!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

who's right? btw who is dexter brown?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              who's right?
              Tilla on REGGAE BOYZ defeating Mexico!

btw who is dexter brown?
              Never heard of Dexter Brown?

I think that was Durrant "Tatty" Brown?!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

oh....

Comment

Yeah, I can think of many Browns who have (or could've) played for the Boyz:

Frank Brown
                  Les Brown
                  Carl Brown
                  Rudoplh Brown
                  Neville Brown
                  Durant Brown

But Dexter !!! The only Dexter that comes readily to mind is Dexter Manley (no relation to Norman, Michael or Douglas) of Washington Redskin fame. And to boot, he played football of the oblong shape, not that of a sphere.
                  "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

and was a functional literate despite being a college grad...

Comment

Can you believe that !!! Dexter Manley was/is a brilliant man to have pulled this off.
                      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

just like with many things the effort he put into hiding it could have well gone into getting himself correct......

Comment

You noticed that I never made reference to the US? I only said Mextico. . .
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

mi notice now....

Comment

Working...
                            X