Mourinho under fire from Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mourinho under fire from Wright

Ian Wright has criticised Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho for not giving Shaun Wright-Phillips a proper chance.

The former England star renewed calls for his stepson to find another club if things don't improve.

Wright told BBC Sport ahead of the Barcelona Champions League game: "Chelsea paid £21m for Shaun and he has not completed 90 minutes yet.

"Maybe he should look at other options because it's obvious the manager doesn't fancy him."

Since joining the Blues in the summer of 2005, Wright-Phillips has made just 12 Premiership starts and has spent most of his time warming the bench.

The 24-year-old missed out on a place in England's World Cup squad and Wright believes his stepson needs to be playing regularly to catch Steve McClaren's eye.

"The problem with Shaun is that he's not getting a chance at Chelsea and therefore isn't getting a chance for England," Wright said.

"It's hard for him to force other people out of the England team when his own manager is not even playing him in his team.

"I know for a fact that Shaun is raring to go. I feel sorry for him - all he wants to do is play and he's just not getting the chance, poor fellow.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibStdQuote><DIV><DIV class=mva><DIV id=q1></DIV>Chelsea are not playing great stuff. <DIV id=q2></DIV><BR clear=all></DIV></DIV><DIV class=mva><DIV class=mva>Ian Wright</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

"Hopefully something will happen in that respect and he'll get a chance again. If he doesn't, it won't be for the want of trying.

"I said last season that if he had another campaign like that I'd be telling him to move on and that's still the case.

"The Chelsea fans have been great, they really like him, but at the end of the day the manager is not playing him. If he did become available I think there would be a few people who'd want him to come to their place."

Wright, speaking at the launch of his comedy dvd It Shouldn't Happen to a Footballer, released next month, added that Chelsea could face stiff competition from Arsenal and Manchester United for the Premiership title this season.

He said: "Chelsea are not playing great stuff. They've got the potential to do some unbelievable stuff but are not doing it at the moment.

"Arsenal and Manchester United only need to get their act together a little bit and Chelsea could slip up. No-one wants to see them 10 points clear at Christmas and winning the Premiership by March."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Mourinho under fire from Wright

SWP is a flipping fool. Where does Ian come from to be telling Jose how to do his job? SWP get what him deserve.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

RE: Mourinho under fire from Wright

Yes you are right, he was blinded by the money and he knew ARSENEal wanted him. I remember Arsene saying he cannot touch SWP because of chelsea waiting in the wings with an outrageous offer and who can blame Man City for taking 21 MILLION POUNDS or 45 Million US Green backs.

Great business by Man City, horrible solution for SWP and we all predicted it. Chelsea has the fortune to block the other teams in the EPL Top 4 for any player in the world that does not have intestinal fortuneitude (fortitude)
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

Working...
      X