Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donadoni fired!!

Italy part company with Donadoni
    Italy have parted company with coach Roberto Donadoni following their exit from Euro 2008.

BBC Sport were told of the decision by the Italian football federation (FIGC) after speculation grew around Donadoni's future after the Spain loss.

He signed a two-year contract extension before Euro 2008 - but it contained a 10-day get-out clause on both sides.

Italy lost their quarter-final 4-2 on penalties after a goalless 120 minutes of play.

More to follow.

Story from BBC SPORT:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/spo...ly/7471598.stm

Published: 2008/06/24 13:43:49 GMT

© BBC MMVIII
    The Italian federation not playing. The team gets eliminated on penalties in the quaters and the coach gets fired. With this in mind, what should the fate of Rene be should we fail to make it to SA2010 or even make it out of the "group of death"?

Originally posted by Brush View Post
    The Italian federation not playing. The team gets eliminated on penalties in the quaters and the coach gets fired. With this in mind, what should the fate of Rene be should we fail to make it to SA2010 or even make it out of the "group of death"?
    Poor Me...I know he was hoping Donadoni would stay through qualifying. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Why unnu so negitive? Wait till we reach that point. We a go Africa.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

perfectly sensible and deserved.

The best Italian defender in Serie A is left on the bench for the first game and showed his superiority when on the field. Was only on the field because of injuries.

One of the worst midfielders in Serie A, Ambrosini is in the squad and in the starting side.

Quaugliarella and DiNatale and hardly used in the games.

Horrible management by Donadoni. He needed to go.

Comment

I intend to start meking preparations fi South Africa. All disbelievers can go sit in a corner with T.K.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

my accomodations mek arready.....mi plan fi spend some days in cape town....if jamaica play play there...glad bag buss.....also plan to go to joburg ......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Brush View Post
              RE Rene:

I think The Captain laid that out at the outset - End of World Cup adventure?

Bye Rene!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

A long time Italy ah live offah dem unattractive an dull football. Time ah di mastah.

Comment

Working...
                X