Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier League impresses Arshavin

Premier League impresses Arshavin

Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory.

Arshavin inspired Russia to victory over the Dutch

Russia playmaker Andrei Arshavin has hailed the Premier League as the best football club competition in the world.
    The 27-year-old has asked to leave Uefa Cup champions Zenit St Petersburg and his transfer value has soared after his superb performances at Euro 2008.
    Arshavin has said he would prefer to move to an English or Spanish club and he told BBC Radio 5 Live of his admiration for England's top level.
    "I see English games on TV - it's the best league in the world," he said.
    As well as the Uefa Cup, Arshavin helped Zenit win the Russian league last season, but he is now keen to pursue a new challenge in another European league.
    Arsenal and Chelsea have already been linked with a possible move, along with Spanish giants Barcelona.

He needs the freedom to do what he thinks is best for the team

Dick Advocaat

"I would like to change club," said Arshavin in English. "It's not a big difference between England and Spain. It's another level for me."
    Zenit coach Dick Advocaat is already resigned to losing his star player when the tournament ends.
    "I can understand that he wants to play in Europe," Advocaat told BBC 5 Live.
    "I think he has some clubs in his mind, some in England and others in Spain, because they are the only two countries he would like to play in.
    "If you lose one of your main players you don't like it as a coach but you have to be realistic."
    Arshavin was suspended for Russia's opening two games at Euro 2008, but his return has propelled Guus Hiddink's side to a semi-final meeting with Spain, the team that beat them 4-1 in their first group game.
    606: DEBATE

I'm sure that club who's going to get his signature won't be disappointed

CT

"It is difficult to say which league would suit him best," added Advocaat. "We play more or less 4-3-3 and our wide players have a lot of freedom.
    "I'm not sure other coaches will give him the freedom but you have to otherwise it's difficult to use him. He needs the freedom to do what he thinks is best for the team. "I have worked with him for two years and he is a very talented player. "He's just turned 27, he's very quick, he has an excellent shot on both legs and besides scoring he can also provide for other players
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Shhhhhhh sssshhhh, don't tell Roman
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

sounds like roman already had words with him...is a different sanky him singing from now!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
      X