We are losing our defenders..Once jamaica was noted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are losing our defenders..Once jamaica was noted

for its tons of talent in the defensive end but lately we are lacking in that area so much that we haven't produce any new starting defensive stalwart player since 1998.

The marco mcdonalds, Shavar Thomas etc haven't come full circle to command starting role in our quest for Glory.

Is it too late or can we find a gem before August 20th...actually we need at least 3 gems and one hardcore diamond .

We will have to wait a little for any new talent to emerge.

When Simoes left these were our prospects.

U-23:
    Eugene Barnes (decided to eat the same quantities as Ali Rose.
    Kirk Martin: Just wasn't that good
    Lllewylen Meggs (decided to go to UWI and play cricket instead)

U 20:
    Claude Davis, Shavar and Stew Peas all still around

U-17:
    Shane Stevens (God knows what happen to him)
    Sailsman (Saw him playing for some small team)
    Eshaya Bryan (God knows what happen to him)
    Alex Thomas ( Never amounted to much)

After Simoes and Montesso left most of those young players from the Under 17 level just seemed to fade away when they should be the key players in our defense at this time. As a result, we will have to wait for the next set to mature and lead the team.

Comment

Is that Loren Sailsman yuh talking bout? He has a restaurant in Mobay now, and might be eating out the profits. I believe he is moving into the coaching arena. Good ting fi a young man.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

meggswas a footballer?!! he is a host/analyst on sportsmax...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

If him was a Footballer? The man was a damn good footballer. Faster and Stronger than all the other players. I think TVJ (must have been JBC at the time) showed a game where Wolmers and their star studded team was playing Campion. They would have gotten around 15-0 (I think the score was around 5) if not for Meggs. The man was repeatedly saving shots with acrobatic plays after the goalkeeper was beaten.

He was more well known for hitting sixes all over Jamaica and making spectacular catches and his opening partnerships with this white/light skin fellow. Think he might have captained Jamaica's under 19 cricket team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Is that Loren Sailsman yuh talking bout? He has a restaurant in Mobay now, and might be eating out the profits. I believe he is moving into the coaching arena. Good ting fi a young man.
            Same Sailsman. Good to hear he doing good things. He was a top talent. Read the game well and had good pace.

Comment

At one point I believe Meggs was simultaneously the captain of the Jamaica youth cricket team and the Jamaica u-17 football

Comment

WOW!!! i did not know this!! i only know him from cricket going back to '96 - 97.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                X