RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the Reggae Boyz playing 79th-ranked Peru?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the Reggae Boyz playing 79th-ranked Peru?

<DIV>Well, dem not really dat bad. Until the latest tinkering by those statistics geniuses in Switzerland, Peru was ranked 46th, but they fell 33 places because they lost to Chile recently, or for some other reason.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Can't FIFA see that their ranking system is as credible as wmds in Iraq!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: Why are the Reggae Boyz playing 79th-ranked Peru?

speaking of wmd's ...bush fiinally seeing some relevance between iraq and vietnam notwithstanding that the evidence was there that it would be another vietnam from jump street...so many lives lost...and for nothing!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

<DIV>The sad part is there is no Democrat or independent-minded Republican who can just talk plain and say what the US should do. No one wants to be seen as "not strong enuff for war" or "not in support of our troops".</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Yuh think a Democratic presidential candidate will say that, if elected, she/he will pull the troops immediately? Not any time soon! Only Howard Dean will talk plain like that, and look where that got him!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Do we play games because of rankings now or do we play games so our players can get experience and get better.

Comment

Rankings, OJ. We should not be playing any team ranked lower than 20!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the USA figured out the ranking system and beat it all the way to a number 5 position. Their talent didn't hold up to the rank though... so its not unheard of to play friendlies for ratings...
            SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Mosiah (10/19/2006)Rankings, OJ. We should not be playing any team ranked lower than 20!
              I do not agree with you. Any aim at improving must have opponents picked to aid that improvement...so I would say a mix of styles,level of competence, assessment of where we are aligned to/with our aimswould be considered when choosing opponents.

I do feel that, as TOP OF THE WORLD can be the only aim, a liberal diet of TOP 25 teams mixed with others is the way to go.

BTW - I hope Gamma does not see your post as he believes we should be aspiring at this stage only to defeat CFU ...and, he reluctantly thinks...CONCACAF teams.

Aaaaaah that reasoning that since we have not at late been regularly defeating CFU teams -( which is, incidentally, a position I disagree with) - then we should be aiming only (firstly he would probably say) atdefeating CFU and or CONCACAF teams...????:w00t:?????
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We need to play some bad teams too, if just for target practise. You need to play good competitive teams, but do not undervalue the benefit of the playing those teams you know you can beat. You saw England, Australia and Ghana used us to give their teams the extra lift in time for the World Cup.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

You actually think FIFA does their rankings based on merit?

They doit to get people to talk about them so that companies like Coca-Cola will pay big bucks to have their name associated with it. You see how much time and space was dedicated on just this forum alone when the US was ranked #5? Fifa knows what they are doing. The more we talk about the rankings the moreexposure they get. Money money mo-nay.......MO-NAY.....And yes that was my best O-Jays impression. - T.K.
                  No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
                  X