• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mi respect grow concrete fi di youth yah

I'm staying at Arsenal - Adebayor

By Phil Gordos
    BBC Sport in Vienna

Adebayor had been targeted by AC Milan and Barcelona

Emmanuel Adebayor has ended speculation about his immediate future by announcing he is staying at Arsenal.
    The Togo striker, who scored 30 goals in 48 games for Arsenal last season, has been a target for both Italian side AC Milan and Catalan club Barcelona.
    But the 24-year-old said in Vienna: "I am an Arsenal player and have three years left on my contract.
    "The most important thing for me is to keep on enjoying my football. I'm staying at Arsenal."
    AC Milan, who signed Mathieu Flamini from the Gunners in May, had previously announced that Adebayor was their only other target this summer. 606: DEBATE

Glad to see he's finally come out and killed this needless speculation off

Steve357

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has also been in Austria for the European Championship, but has not spoken to Adebayor about the player's future.
    Should talks ever take place over a move, the former Monaco striker insisted money would not be a factor.
    "When I was young I had a dream to be a good footballer and play for a big team," said Adebayor, who was in Vienna with his sponsors. "I was born in Togo so I never cared about playing for money, my happiness was to play to enjoy myself. That's what I've been doing until now. "You can see people changing clubs because of money, because they want a change of atmosphere or to get their names in the big leagues. I just play football to enjoy myself. I play because I love it."
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Wait until him wife want more money....

I hope he mean what he says...

Comment

Working...
    X