Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Has Everything

Austin 'has everything' - Pulis

Austin is interesting a number of clubs across the world (Getty).

Stoke City boss Tony Pulis says transfer target Rudolph Austin has all the attributes to become an excellent signing for the club.
    Pulis has been tracking the Jamaica international for over a year with the 22-year-old expected to become a Stoke player before the start of the season.
    "He's got everything in his locker," Pulis told BBC Radio Stoke.
    "Rudolph's happy playing anywhere. Full back, centre half, attacking midfield. The crucial thing is getting him here."
    It is thought a deal to bring Austin to the Britannia Stadium was put in place last summer but the Portmore United midfielder was denied a work permit because he did not have the required amount of international experience.
    Austin has now made the required number of appearances for Jamaica but the Reggae Boyz have since dropped out of Fifa's rankings of the top 70 international teams - another stipulation for a player to gain a work permit.

I really like him. He's very quick, has got two good feet and he's good in the air

Stoke boss Tony Pulis

A further complication to the saga is that Portmore United are now believed to be demanding more than the fee that was originally agreed.
    "We will make sure the deal is the right deal for our football club" said Pulis. "Rudolph is only a young lad and so if he does well then we will make sure that they (Portmore United) are rewarded."
    However, despite these complications, Pulis has seen enough of Austin to be determined to secure his signature.
    "I really like him. He's very quick, has got two good feet and he's good in the air."
    Pulis also believes that the current Jamaicans at Stoke would help Austin settle at the club.
    "He's got Ricardo (Fuller) and Demar (Phillips) here, so knowing those two you would think he will settle a bit quicker than most."
    However the Potters are not the only club thought to be tracking Austin's progress. America's Major League Soccer and Brazilian clubs Atletico Paranaense and Coritiba FC are believed to be keen on the midfielder.

Hmmmm.....Massive talk-up.....He better be careful, another premiership team might sneak in & steal him.
    It would be good to be there when da gates of Zion are closed ......... Chalice

Comment

I hope what is obvious to them too is he is worth more than the offer they made.
      We certainly need to get beyond the early stages of QCQ's, our players will be even better a year from now.

Blessed

Comment

I personally think that the best deal for Austin is Stoke Ci

ty. They might not be the one that is offering the best price but the potential in England is greater than Mls and Brazil. The pound is stronger and he has 2 other national player to develop chemistry with. I am not saying that Portmore should settle for anything that Stoke offer but I hope all the out clauses are clearly reviewed.

Clearly my personal choice would be mls and premiership because the brazil economy is unstable and there are tons of talent and patriotism in brazil to kill his career.

The bottom line will come down to Austin because he is the one that have to live where he decided to play.

Comment

Working...
        X