Peter Moses on the way forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Moses on the way forward

<DIV>When asked what he would do if he were in charge of our football, Peter Moses saidwe have to start thinking long term and thus he would invest in the clubs and the schools. He also said he would not be depending on 2nd generation Jamaicans to make up the team.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>He did not expound on his ideas, but I am wonderinghow the JFF can invest in the clubs and schools, many of them being private entities. If he means doing more to raise the level of coaching, infrastructure used by these entities (not necessarily owned by them), and such the like, then yes, that's the way to go. If I were in charge, rest assured I would not be throwing big bucks at some farin coach. It might guarantee my being a one-termer or overthrown by some Manchester faction, but still...</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: Peter Moses on the way forward

Why not add what Frank Brown said, investing in the top six local coaches by sending them away on courses in Europe etc
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Mosiah did u speak to Peter Moses ?

U dun know sey a my pick dat from the year of zero, I hope he is seriously considering mounting a campaign for the JFF presidency.

He would my full support and backetive.

Comment

We dont need to be paying any body millions to fly in and coach the senior team. We need someone who can come and develop our infrastructure once and for all. Many here found nothing wrong with Simoes speaking Portuguese with his fellow Brazilian coachesso the Jamaican coaches couldn't understand -but I developed a strong dislike toward him ever since that time that was such a nasty badminded unprofessional thing to dobut if I remember right Carl Brown got blamed for that- We cant afford to pay another coachmore than what Simoes (our closest thing to a true TD) got paid,if when that coach flies out weend up back at square one with unprepared local coaches.

As for the second generation thing - Iwhole heartedly agree. The players with the ability to play for England will choose England. We will get the rest. A team full of second rate players from another country wont solve our problems as initially they will all have better technique than our NPLers but very few of them will do anything for us on the field as they don't have the quality or skills to succeed internationally.Is it any coincidence that when Downswell came in and started to use local players the contracts started to run for our locals.
        SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Mosiah (10/20/2006)<DIV>When asked what he would do if he were in charge of our football, Peter Moses saidwe have to start thinking long term and thus he would invest in the clubs and the schools. He also said he would not be depending on 2nd generation Jamaicans to make up the team.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>He did not expound on his ideas, but I am wonderinghow the JFF can invest in the clubs and schools, many of them being private entities. If he means doing more to raise the level of coaching, infrastructure used by these entities (not necessarily owned by them), and such the like, then yes, that's the way to go. If I were in charge, rest assured I would not be throwing big bucks at some farin coach. It might guarantee my being a one-termer or overthrown by some Manchester faction, but still...</DIV>
          Peter Moses is right - ofcourse what he says fit right in with what I have been preaching - "The schools are our academies" - in that we must invest in our schools. 'The how' may have more to do withfaclitating improvement in the schools' football programs...i.e. teaching/sending and or bringing to'the administrators'...those who run the football program...knowledge on how 'it must be done'. Do I hear terms spent at 'professional settings/environs' - no not necessary monied facilities...but, facilities where the 'work' is done in a professional manner?Helping/faciliting/encouraging the building of the physical infastructure and back-office support groups, school programs, inter-schools/other football organisations"twinning' to expose to and develop higher calibre players and 'teachers', administrators, ancillary staff, grounds, equipment, etc.

...and, Peter Moses is wrong in saying forget "2nd generation Jamaicans". That is lack of vision and down right silly. Certainly without looking too hard it is seen as frivolous to suggest a discard of our people merely because he/she happens to be born and or lives outside of the island.

If Peter had said we cannot continue to have as representives on the going/moving forward the quality players we have had in the main in the past and have even at this time...but, must work at developing players with greater skill levels -tactical &amp; technical - I would agree. That would dove-tail with aim...the only aim I see worth having...to improve entire football structure to produce and find TOP OF THE WORLD reps...to produce TOP OF THE WORLD TEAMs.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I dont know where you live but suppose you had ason who grew up in England or the US and was exposed to good football at a young age, got into a club there and when time comes for him to choose a country where would you tell him, the foreign country or the one you were born in to which he might have strong ties.

Hell supposed your daughter became a world netball player and plays for a club team in say New Zealand, would you give her your consent to play for them? Or if she live sin T&T or Fiji?

Did you know that a lot of the UB40s used to come here on vacation long before they became good professional players? Deon Burton has a brother who still lived in Mandeville; Frank Sinclair used to take his family on vacation here in St Ann and Clarendon.
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

mosiah what does he mean by second generation Jamaicans

Comment

Those not born here but whose parents are Jamaicans
                Che Guevara.

Comment

OH NO!!

Sickko, I have been having this conversation for nine years now on this website. I post some badwud and neva visit this site for two years 1999-2001 as ofthe same sunday when we qualified for the U17 world cup and Ohene and another poster named Archie came immediately with their listsof Englishyoungsters who should be drafted into the team right away - I asked them at whose expense and forum widewar was on for the next two days...do you know how many people asked me the same question you just asked over those two dark days...

If a man is good enough he can come and play. It wasn't Burtons goals that won me over it was the clip of him beating his chest pointing to his Jersey and saying "Big side! Big side" that showed the youth was more into it than a lot of local born players who perhaps took it for granted.

But Jamaica a nuh club side... no more of the indiscriminate drafting of Richard Langleys to just walk into team and den when dem come wid all a dem technique we find out say dem nuh ready fi international ball... dem time deh Jerry Hue cant get a look...

Comment

I am with you 100! I don't recall Peter Moses saying that he would not select them, but certainly, that meddling into people's family trees to see if they are eligible must stop! If we were investing in our people the way we should, instead of throwing big bucks at farin coaches, then we wouldn't have to be dragging the Marcus Gayles and others with doubtful talent to play for us.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So if you dont rate Marcus Gayle and his "dubious talents" even though he played a long time in English football and was at one time even thought to be a England hopeful, therefore I dont have to rate Santa Claude simply because he is playing in the EPL then right?

Tell that to Tilla and Squattah fi me nuh?
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

UB-40s

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Jeez... nuh mention Marcus Gayle. Do nuh call dat name - man and man used to deh bout seh a him did head downa ball into Tappa's path for one of the goals against Japan at the world cup... him must coulda head down a one ball AGAINST **** JAPAN!!

Comment

Maybe he was a good, even great player, but at no time did he show that while with the Boyz. And that's all I care about. How does it help me if Claude dun di EPL for the next 10 years while failing to show when he plays for the Boyz, while uttering crap? Yes, there would be some measure of happiness for him, knowing where he's coming from, but...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sickko (10/20/2006)I dont know where you live but suppose you had ason who grew up in England or the US and was exposed to good football at a young age, got into a club there and when time comes for him to choose a country where would you tell him, the foreign country or the one you were born in to which he might have strong ties.

Hell supposed your daughter became a world netball player and plays for a club team in say New Zealand, would you give her your consent to play for them? Or if she live sin T&amp;T or Fiji?

Did you know that a lot of the UB40s used to come here on vacation long before they became good professional players? Deon Burton has a brother who still lived in Mandeville; Frank Sinclair used to take his family on vacation here in St Ann and Clarendon.
                              That ofcourse is not even worth thinking about by the persons who select our squads.

It is similar to saying we will not select local players because they may not even want to play football for us.

The selectors have a simple task - select the best from who is available!

Why would anyselector worry about 'coulda-shudda'? If the invited player does not take up the offer...matters not if it is a school team, parish team, national team...matters not local born or foreign born...it must be 'next'!

Damn foolishness worrying about those who do not want to represent the country...the only sensible thing todo must be to concentrate on those who want to! I repeat - If the player does not want to represent us, where is the problem? That player does not fall within 'those available'. What earthly sense does it make thinking on such a player?

Concentrate on building the local talent toTOP OF THE WORLD level must be the aim. If someone develops potential outside of the island and that person's availability and quality demands selection so be it! It is best available...best national team that must take the field.

Iam thinking those administrators or would be administrators who bring up that crappy argument is saying they are not willing to put in the effort to create the environment that will produce TOP OF THE WORLD players. They want to make it easy not so much for the players but for themselves. They will work in a lazy off-arsed manner...create little or no improvement in quality administrators, players, etc...and give us poor arsed or mediocre teams....or,if they really believe in what they say...then, they are damn fools!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X