Jamaica vs El Salvador 8/13/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica vs El Salvador 8/13/08

International Friendly to be played in Washington DC.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/results/male.html#

Originally posted by JaMekAn View Post

Part of a plan to prepare for the Canada game on the 20th?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The date is a bit close to the Canada game.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Sh*t I can't do all three games.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

One stone kill two bird. I assume it cost lest to make the trip and then go to canada. It must be a stop over which is a lot cheaper than 2 way airfare.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So The guys based in Europe etc + the few who play in the MLS will assemble in the USA for the Canada game. Sounds like a good deal to me. In fact, it might be something worth doing for all our away games, seeing that the majority of the squad will be based in the MLS and European leagues.
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Originally posted by JaMekAn View Post

If it's real I'll be in the house

Comment

7 days is enought rest for the players to recover from this

game and to be together for some chemistry. I hope J.f.f can get a good turn out for this game and make some money. It would be nice to get another game against an all collegiate washington area team or D.C. UNITED. We should even try get a game with even a american b squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                  The date is a bit close to the Canada game.

I agree that its a bit too close. The players will have to be cautious and try and not pick up a serious injury ahead of the upcoming qualifier against Canada.

Although im not too thrilled wit the opposition, its betta than not playing at all. It goes to show that someone from the federation mustve been reading my posts here regarding our lack of preparation games.

Comment

you just complained that we werent playing anyone, now you are complaining about quality of opposition and how close it is to the qualifier.
                    By the way, The T&T that you claimed were lining up games vs El Salvador and Hoduras...they end up playing Guyana..bith El Sal and Honduras pulled out.
                    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Him have fi find something fi whine about?

Not too close nothing. Players get injured walking and driving too.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
                        you just complained that we werent playing anyone, now you are complaining about quality of opposition and how close it is to the qualifier.
                        By the way, The T&T that you claimed were lining up games vs El Salvador and Hoduras...they end up playing Guyana..bith El Sal and Honduras pulled out.
                        Maybe El Salvador saw us as better opposition since the Reggae Boyz have had their ticket since the late 1990's.

On another note the Jamaica vs El Salvador friendly has been change from August 13 to July 25.

Comment

According to Earl Bailey's site, this game is to be played in Houston.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                          The Reggae Boyz are set to warm up for their big CONCACAF semifinal world cup clash against Canada with an International Friendly against El Salvador in Houston, Texas on July 25.
                          This encounter was confirmed today by general secretary Horace Reid. “Apart from the squad that goes in training next week, we have invited the players in the United States for this game,” Reid told JamaicaWin.com in an exclusive interview. “But we are uncertain who will be released.” Reid went on to say that although the emphasis is certainly the World Cup games which comes up starting on August 20 against Canada, the federation is ensuring that the team prepares well for the Digicel Cup. “We have to prepare our local based squad as well,” said Reid. “Come December, we do not know who we will be able to get.” In their last game together, Jamaica won 3-0 in Kingston on November 18, 2007 with two goals from Ricardo Gardner and one from Rudolph Austin.

www.Jamaicawin.com - Jamaica's most dynamic sports site! Take a look.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Should we use Rudi Austin's omission from the recently called local contingent as an indication as to where he will be playing next season?

Comment

man nuh dead nuh call him duppy....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X