Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arsenal, a unuh get snubbed?

Zenit snub £19m bid for Arshavin

An unnamed English club have failed with a £19million bid for Zenit St Petersburg playmaker Andrei Arshavin, according to the player's agent.
    Arshavin is expected to leave Zenit this summer after an impressive showing for Russia at Euro 2008.

It has been claimed that La Liga giants Barcelona recently had a £12million offer rejected, with further reports suggesting the Russian champions would only consider selling for twice that amount.
    Premier League sides Arsenal and Chelsea have also been linked with Arshavin; however an official approach from either side has yet to be confirmed.

Arshavin's agent, though, has claimed that an English side have failed with a £19million bid.
    "Barcelona failed with a £12million bid for Andrei and now an English club have had a £19million offer rejected by Zenit," agent Dennis Lachter told the Daily Express.
    "Zenit want £24million, so clubs who want to sign Andrei will have to get closer to that figure.

"I believe they will because there are clubs interested in Andrei who are trying to sell players first.
    "The figure is not easy to reach, but the transfer activity is beginning to happen and I am optimistic he will join a big club.
    "I don't know exactly when Andrei's future will be resolved, but we have until the end of August, so we are both fairly relaxed."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Can you imagine a club fork out 24 million fi sign a player, plus pay him millions, but don't have him sign a contract? Player come in one season and because him fail to settle with the team walk out to join another team at the end of the season?

What Blabbler and that clown at UEFA need to address is the ridiculous fees being requested for these players.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X