X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket Prices for next WC Round

July 10, 2008
    Dear Members of the Media,
    The World Cup 2010 campaign is on in earnest. Let us put the full weight of our support
    behind the decisions of Technical Director Rene Simoes, charged with the task of
    selecting the squad best capable of realizing all our hopes and dreams of victory in the
    World Cup 2010 series.
    While Coach Simoes directly tackles the technical deliverables, the nation has some
    additional business to attend to – financial support for the success of the Reggae Boyz.
    The reality is that success comes at a high cost, a truth made even more painfully obvious
    after the last three matches against St. Vincent and the Bahamas, which realized a
    combined net loss of some J$7M. Future away games will require payment for
    international air travel, per diems, hotel and meals in addition to increased match fees for
    the Boyz – and these are only some of the challenges we face.
    The ready, invaluable support of our corporate sponsors has done much to help defray
    these costs. Still, we must once again reach out to our base of fans who have always
    vigorously supported Jamaican football, and ask them to help move us even closer to our
    goals in this critical World Cup qualifying phase.
    We take this opportunity to formally announce the revised ticket prices for the upcoming
    World Cup Qualifiers to be staged at the National Stadium. The new pricing represents
    our effort to shorten the gap between our revenues and expenditure, but also our drive to
    ensure that the joy of participating in the historic Reggae Boyz World Cup 2010
    campaign remains within reach of every Jamaican.
    New Prices:
    GrandStand Category 1: $5,000
    GrandStand Category 2: $3,500
    Bleachers: $1,500
    It should be noted that even with the increased ticket prices, the program will still be
    extremely challenged to fund its ongoing commitments. The JFF will continue to share
    the results of its operations with the public and its other stakeholders in order to ensure
    the continuation of the very necessary partnership that currently prevails.
    Sincerely,
    THE JAMAICA FOOTBALL FEDERATION LIMITED

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Puss Cratchez!!!! A so much it gone to now.

Comment

You might need a press pass, boss!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

For those who are arithmetically challenged; I'm no mathematician (all I have is an O'level) or who are turned off by large numbers (HL ?) ... simply divide by 10 then the result by 7 to get an approximation for your US $.

The $5000 = approx $71
        The $3500 = approx $50
        The $1500 = approx $21

There I did it for you. You must agree it's not a bad deal (if you have US income) better than many MLIS venues given the importance of the match.

pr
        Peter R

Comment

Mls games should be free. Either that or they should pay spectators to watch MLS

Comment

$71?!?!? How does a family of 4 attend a football match these days? JA$14,000!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thank you very much pr.

I was using long division and got the sums 'rong'.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Have the kids scale bleachers wall?

Comment

The price for the bleachers are reasonable. A family of four should tek their kids to the bleachers. When I was a yute growing up, mi always go the bleachers and the vibes was much better there, than sitting with the uptown people in the grandstand.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Well, if the wife and kids are used to ganja smoke, expletives, etc., I would agree. There is no better place to take the family!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

In TT dem neva used to smoke weed in their "uncovered" stand... now like dem ketch on ... As for the expletives, some years back in the bleachers a woman said something (disparaging) about jamaicans; I said to her " Yuh mad as r.a.$.$." de woman get so vex I cudden believe it...turns out she thought I was talking about her mother's behind... anyway I don't take my kids (the 9 yr old) there anymore, strictly GStand. If is me one or bredren bleachers fine for me.

pr
                      Peter R

Comment

the costs make sense, though the way dem do it wrong.

Comment

Suh what yuh tink Vibes is ???

Comment

Working...
                          X