For the anti-Beckham pundits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the anti-Beckham pundits

CARSON, Calif. - Dedicated, faithful to his teammates and always the last man standing at the training sessions stood David Beckham at Wednesdays' Los Angeles Galaxy practice.

Beckham shares a laugh with Troy Roberts (L) and Alan Gordon during training at the Home Depot Center. (Erik Thureson / FOXSports.com)

There he worked hard alongside his teammates and even had the luxury, afterwards, of kicking the ball around with his older son Brooklyn, before talking to Fox about Thursday's Superclasico, and the needed ingredients for the Galaxy's success this season in Major League Soccer.
    "We have a very passionate game coming up against Chivas USA, one that I am really looking forward to. It's going to be a very close and aggressive one, as Clasicos should be," said Beckham, referring to the upcoming MLS clash at the Home Depot Center against Chivas USA.
    The Galaxy is tied with their stadium-sharing rivals at the top of the Western Conference.
    "I have played in many derbies worldwide and truly this one is very interesting. It is played with a lot of intensity. It's great to play in these games, especially when you are fighting for first place and you are healthy," added a very happy Beckham who is comfortable with his level of play after a injury plagued 2007.
    "We're in a good position right now, playing very decent soccer. There is always room to improve, but you cannot point fingers and blame your teammates since this is a team sport."
    Beckham was referring to the suspect Galaxy defense which has allowed a huge amount of goals this season, but has been lucky with the support of an offense that has the league's leading scorer in Landon Donovan and of course, Edson Buddle.

Just yesterday, the Galaxy announced the signing of Argentine defender Eduardo Domingues from Huracan to help bolster the struggling defense.
    "Adding Eduardo Dominguez will help the team. I have played a few minutes with him and have seen his capabilities. He is very talented. We hope to see him on the pitch with us soon."
    On July 24th, Beckham will represent MLS in the All-Star game. He spoke of his anxiety to finally play in Toronto against English side West Ham United.
    "I am excited and looking forward the All-Star game in Toronto. I've yet to play there. I hear it's a great atmosphere. I also know a few of the opposing players, since I have played with a couple and played against a few of the others."
    After the interview he quickly disappeared into the locker rooms holding young Brooklyn's hand — a regular at the Galaxy practices. Galaxy and Chivas USA square off in the MLS Superclasico this Thursday at the Home Depot Center in Carson. The winner will sit atop of the Western Conference. The last L.A. derby was won by the Galaxy in a 5-2 romp a few weeks ago.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

thanks...you mean he works so hard to be barely above average? DAMN!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Damn Gamma how you say that and get way? about the 250 million dollar man.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I guess by your standard --Beckham could not make the reggae boyz squad.......

HL

Comment

he could.....but not over tappa.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

...bench beckham...put on tappa...

HL

Comment

Working...
            X