Fabregas signs new Arsenal deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabregas signs new Arsenal deal

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3><DIV class=mxb><DIV class=sh>Fabregas signs new Arsenal deal </DIV></DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV> <DIV class=cap>Fabregas joined Arsenal in 2003</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has signed a new eight-year contract.

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger revealed last month that the 19-year-old had agreed a long-term deal and he has now committed to Arsenal until 2014.

"I am so happy here and I am delighted to have signed this new contract," the Spanish international told the Arsenal club website.

"I wanted to pay back the club, especially Arsene Wenger for the support and faith he has shown in me."

He added: "What is important now is for the team to realise its potential and win trophies. That is our main aim, that is my aim as well."

Real Madrid had expressed an interest in signing the midfielder during the summer, but Fabregas made it clear he was happy in London.

The teenager, who played for Spain at the World Cup in the summer, joined Arsenal from the youth ranks at Barcelona in July 2003. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X