Well .. the Olympic games is a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well .. the Olympic games is a

few weeks away. The sport I'm so looking forward to is the football competition. Who yuh think will walk away with the gold for the men ... and the gold for the women?

Drawing of lots for the Olympic football competitions (men's):
    Group A: Cote D'Ivoire (A1), Argentina (A2), Australia (A3), Serbia (A4)
    Group B: Netherlands (B1), Nigeria (B2), Japan (B3), USA (B4)
    Group C: China (C1), New Zealand (C2), Brazil (C3), Belgium (C4)
    Group D: Republic of Korea (D1), Cameroon (D2), Honduras (D3), Italy (D4)

Drawing of lots for the Olympic football competitions (women's):
    Group E: China (E1), Sweden (E2), Argentina (E3), Canada (E4)
    Group F: DPRK (F1), Nigeria (F2), Germany (F3), Brazil (F4)
    Group G: Norway (G1), USA (G2), Japan (G3), New Zealand (G4)
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Olympic football winners are too hard to call. I am just hoping that American viewers will get a chance to see the matches and other sports where Americans are not involved in. August should be a glorious month of sports.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      Olympic football winners are too hard to call. I am just hoping that American viewers will get a chance to see the matches and other sports where Americans are not involved in. August should be a glorious month of sports.
      the US in both competition so hopefully we should see some action!

.. wait ... I just mentioned the US team ... will there be a petition to delete the post?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Careful Lazie...make sure you do your push-ups...

You'll need a strong back to deal wid the abuse you will get--if you speak favorably about the US.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Well, the women from that country south of Canada and north of Mexico should have a good chance at the gold. They've always been strong in the women's game.

The men from that same country have no chance at gold.

Men: Gold to Brazil. Final Brazil v Argentina

Women: Gold to "that country" . Final "that country" v. Brazil
          Peter R

Comment

the olympics soccer games are hardly ever shown. What they would do is maybe show the US games.

We want fi see the whole thing. Enough a we foriegner deh yah now.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              the olympics soccer games are hardly ever shown. What they would do is maybe show the US games.

We want fi see the whole thing. Enough a we foriegner deh yah now.
              I think the Spanish channels are more reliable to carry the full 90+minutes of the football matches. And I will be leaning toward Canadian sports channels TSN and Rogers Sportsnet to carry the matches live or delayed.

PS. I know that Rogers Sportsnet will be showing all of Canada's World Cup qualifiers home matches.

Comment

Working...
              X