X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NY v. LA game on Saturday has sold 45,000 tickets so far

I miss New York.

Another PHENOM!!

Now in his first full season with L.A., David Beckham says MLS is a much better league than people think. Full Story ...
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

The world's top-selling soccer jerseys

According to The Times of London, these are the best-selling football shirts in the world on 5/28/08:

1, Fernando Torres, Liverpool
    2, Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United
    3, Lionel Messi, Barcelona
    4, Wayne Rooney, Manchester United
    5, David Beckham, Los Angeles Galaxy
    6, Nicolas Anelka, Chelsea
    7, Steven Gerrard, Liverpool
    8. Cesc Fàbregas, Arsenal
    9, Francesco Totti, Roma
    10, El Niño (Torres again)
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

football is bizniz first.

HL

Comment

Yes mi have fi give Becks the business part of it.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That is not in dispute. He is a marketing whiz, esp. when one considers his talent on the field.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am trying to understand your second sentence.

HL

Comment

He is not nearly as good a football player as he earns for himself or his club. Capiche?

Think William Hung.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                I miss New York.

Another PHENOM!!

Now in his first full season with L.A., David Beckham says MLS is a much better league than people think. Full Story ...

Wolvesman
                7/19/2008
                7:48 AM

Beckham is understandably going to defend the MLS. However, the reality is that the gulf in quality with the top European leagues is there for everyone to see. Occasionally, an MLS game delivers competitveness and excitement but too many matches lack flair and pace.

There are too many players in the League that give the ball away too easily and make poor decisions under pressure.

It is great that more people are watching the sport both at games and on TV. However, there has to be concern at the quality of the current national team - they will, no doubt , qualify for the World Cup but another poor showing at the Finals will set the game back in this country.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                X