Stephenson on the move to Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephenson on the move to Norway

Norway seems to be the new location for Jamaican ballers.

Taken from www.jamaica-gleaner.com

Stephenson on the move to Norway
    published: Monday | July 21, 2008
    Kwesi Mugisa, Staff Reporter

National midfielder Khari Stephenson ... It's a nice contract, but right now it's more about getting playing time. - Ian Allen/Staff Photographer
    Jamaican international Khari Stephenson on Friday successfully completed a lucrative mid-season move away from Swedish first division club AIK Solna to Norwegian top flight club Aalesund FK.

The new three-and-a-half year contract is reported to be worth somewhere in the region of US$1 million. The 27-year-old central midfielder, who passed a mandatory medical before putting ink to paper at the weekend, is expected to join up with the 12th place Norwegian club sometime this week in the 14-team league.

Good player
    A long time prospect of coach Sären Åkeby, who took over at the club earlier this year, the burly central midfielder has been identified as the player to drive the club up the league table. Stephenson, who played for AIK for the last season and a half is looking forward to the challenge.

"It's a nice contract but right now it's more about getting playing time. I want to be on the pitch as much as possible," Stephenson told The Gleaner.
    "It's a new environment which will bring new challenges and I am really looking forward to meeting them head on," he added. However, the player will now have a little while to wait as the Norwegian Premier League transfer window will not open until August 1.

Major setback
    In late 2007, Stephenson was signed for four years by AIK for a hefty price tag away from Gais. However, he suffered a major setback after breaking his arm in pre-season training and has received limited playing time since.
    Along with striker Fabian Taylor and midfielder Oniel Thompson, who represent first division club Notodden FK, Stephenson will be the third Jamaican plying his trade in Norway.
    Last edited by Tilla; July 21, 2008, 08:10 PM.

I hear two more are set to go, any time now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
    X