• Show
Clear All

• Honduras coach dismiss Jamaica’s chances

War time now!!!

Taken from www.jamaicawin.com

Honduras coach dismiss Jamaica’s chances
    July 21
    Football- News

Honduran coach Reinaldo Rueda, has all but dismissed the chances of Jamaica and Canada in the World Cup qualifiers which begin on August 20. Honduras, Mexico, Canada and Mexico are in Group B, considered ‘the group of death’ as only two will advance to the final round.

Speaking at a Press Conference in Tegucigalpa over the weekend, a very confident Rueda did not mince words when he looked at the upcoming challenge. “There are two major powers in CONCACAF: Mexico and the Americans. The Mexicans are looking to beat the Americans and we (Honduras) are going after Mexico. If we play the way we can with the team that we have, we can qualify automatically to the World Cup Finals.”
    The Colombian said he is dreaming about the Mexican team and its players who will line up against his stars from Honduras in the Azteca on August 20.

“I have not doubt that it will be a tough game, but Honduras has what it takes to win a ticket to the World Cup Final. The Honduran people have put their hope and trust in us,” he affirmed.

The brash Rueda used simple but strong words to relate his thoughts. He is convinced that he knows enough about Mexican football, even more than Eriksson. “I know more about the Mexican players than Eriksson. That’s a major advantage for us,” said Colombian.

“The Mexicans are not able to forget their football culture. Eriksson will want to put things in place and possibly search for his own style of play,” he said. “Eriksson does not intimidate me because he is not extraterrestrial. And as far as Mexico in the Azteca concerned I am not worried as it is more mental than physical. He doesn’t have enough time to transform the Mexican team,” said Rueda.

He said that Mexico have gone through changes in a difficult era. “They fired Hugo Sanchez because of a tournament that has nothing to do with the World Cup eliminations,” he said. “But they know more than me why he was let go.”

After Sanchez they hired Jesus Ramirez to guide the team against Belize and now they have a new man with a new style.

Rueda and the Selection Committee decided that the team would either train in Denver, Colorado or in Fort Lauderdale and then fly to Mexico one day before the game.
    The coach would publish the list of overseas players on August 5, with the list of local players being announced a couple of days earlier.

Earl Bailey
    Editor -
    www.JamaicaWin.com

Earl Bailey should cite the source of his report, since he does not run a news service.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
    X