RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real Greg Lamont of US signs with Villa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real Greg Lamont of US signs with Villa.

Freidel completes move to Villa

Friedel joined Blackburn in November 2000 on a free transfer

Aston Villa have completed the signing of veteran American keeper Brad Friedel from Blackburn for an undisclosed fee - thought to be around £2m.
    The 37-year-old has signed a three-year deal following successful talks with Villa boss Martin O'Neill.
    Rovers gave the move the green light after they signed Paul Robinson from Tottenham as a replacement.
    Friedel made 287 appearances for Blackburn and was one of their outstanding performers last season.
    Manchester City are thought to have made a late bid to sign the USA international, but Friedel opted to join fellow American keeper Brad Guzan at Villa Park. 606: DEBATE

Great goalie - worth 10 points a season

gileswoodred

Guzan, 23, is poised to join the club following a work permit hearing on Friday. Scott Carson kept goal for Villa last season but O'Neill decided against signing the England keeper on a permanent basis from Liverpool and the 22-year-old has since moved to West Brom.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Greg Lamont?

Never heard of him...
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Comment

well you can correct me all you want but the fact is Brad has been amongst the best goalie in the world and has put the US on the map bigger than any other US player.

You can pick and choose but your "hype" and "put down" will not work with me. than you for your correction it is Greg Lemond, maybe you can do some research on him.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X