Assistant Referee, Ricardo Morgan, off to the Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistant Referee, Ricardo Morgan, off to the Olympics

Assistant referee Ricardo Morgan is due to leave the island today July, 29, 2008, for the Olympic Games in Beijing, China, after being appointed by FIFA as one of its officials.

Morgan, who came in as a late replacement after two Americans failed their fitness tests, will join up with two counterparts from the United States of America referee Jair Marrufo and fellow assistant referee Kermit Quiesenberry. A Panamanian team of officials in referee Roberto Moreno and assistants Daniel Williamson and Manuel Fuentes also have duties at the games.

“This is a great opportunity to serve and demonstrate that we have the competence to perform at this level,” a pleased Morgan said adding that such an opportunity was a step up the ladder.

He also spoke of the importance of being prepared for opportunities.

“This just goes to show that one must always be ready to serve and perform when called upon, whether you think you are on duty or not.
    “The fortunate thing is that I am in good shape. Even though I was not in full training, largely relaxing, before getting into serious preparation for the upcoming Premier league season, I was ready,” explained Morgan who described the invitation as a surprise.
    President of the Jamaica Football Federation, Captain Horace Burrell praised Morgan for his commitment and dedication to his craft, which, put him in the position to grab the opportunity with both hands.

“What is especially pleasing to us about Ricardo’s appointment is the fact that he could have been called upon at short notice and out of the active season and was able to more than meet the fitness requirements following the failure of two Americans. What this speaks to is a level of professionalism and a commitment to one’s craft,” said Burrell.

“This is the kind of thing we encourage and I would also want to take this opportunity to commend Peter Prendergast who was recently elevated to the elite panel of FIFA Referees instructors.

Peter has distinguished himself on the field and is continuing off it. Ricardo and others are following in his footsteps,” added Burrell.
    The strides being made by the officials according to Burrell is no accident as it is a clearly defined policy to improve the sport on all fronts.

“This administration not only concentrates on the development of players but administrators and officials as well and at all levels too. We have and are taking steps to improve at every level and this appointment is as a result of the efforts that we have made,” Burrell concluded.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Morgan, who came in as a late replacement after two Americans failed their fitness tests...
    tee hee hee!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Respect to Ricardo "Toby" Morgan. Friend of mine from school days.
      Last edited by Reggae-Fan; July 29, 2008, 09:25 PM.
      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

"Opportunity favors the prepared".

This sort of thing plays out in life everyday.

Guys like Mosiah will tell you it's luck.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
        X