Independence City FC Wins First Two Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independence City FC Wins First Two Games

Independence City FC won its first two games in St. Catherine Major League last week. Both games were on the road.

In the first match on Thursday, Independence City beat Portmore Gardens 1-0. The game was rescheduled from October 14.

On Saturday, Independence City beat Central Link 3-1. Central Link was one of the teams relegated from the 2005-06 South Central Super League.

This Saturday at 3 pm, Independence Cityplays its home opener againstWaterloo FC at Augusta Drive Field in Portmore. Both teams were in the Major League playoffs last year. Independence City finished third and Waterloo was fourth.

RE: Independence City FC Wins First Two Games

Excellent stuff Bruce. As I said to you before please let me know how I can help with any future Indy City stuff. It was great to hear from you about the history of your involvement. I look forward to hearing about your future projects and future successes of the club.

I am heading up to Atlantic City again this saturday. This time no mercy.

Just to give you an update on my last trip after talkting to you.....I was knocked out of the tournament on the 3rd level.

I was crap all day. I did not get any cards to play in position except one time when I had pocket nines utg and I went all in with a stack size of 15 * BB. Everyone folded so I only got the blinds and antes.

One time I limped in with pocket 5's in late position and hit trips on the flop. The guy with the big stack called and a guy from middle position and myself called. On the turn came another 5 giving me quads. Oh joy oh rapture. The big stack bet again on the turn and I and the middle position called. The river came was a blank but there were two pairs on the board. The big stack led out again with the minimum bet and middle position called and I reraised all in figuring someone had to have hit a full house. I was so expecting the big stack to call but he and the middle position guy folded. That one killed me because I was positive someone was going to give me some serious action.

On my last hand I called a raise with a 10-7 offsuit from a middle position raiser. A lady in late position called. The flop came 5d-10-8d. I floped top pair and decided to bet 2/3rds the pot. The initial raiser folded and the lady put me all in. I was short stacked and felt that I had no choice. She turns over 6d7d. Damn straight flush draw to rhatid. Needless to say a diamond came on the turn and I was out like shout. To add insult to injury I hit a meaningless trip tens on the river. Oh the humanity.

Sometimes in no-limit hold em you have to create your opportunities to get chips and I did a poor job of that. Not once did I attack the limpers with a big raise or anything. I was a poor saps. So if you are keeping score the last two tournament I have played I have been knocked out with my 10-3 off suit and 10-7 off suit. I am a genius. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
    X