X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A nuh Austin alone

Liverpool denied permit for Leto

Leto made four appearances for Liverpool last season

Liverpool's Argentine midfielder Sebastian Leto has been denied a work permit to play in England next season.
    The 21-year-old, who joined the Reds from Lanus for a fee of around £2m in 2007, was granted an Italian passport last summer but it was later revoked.
    That left Leto needing a work permit but Liverpool's application was refused by the Department of Work and Pensions.
    Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will now look to loan out Leto and claims up to 10 European clubs want to sign him.
    Benitez says he expected Leto to be given a permit and feels the decision is unfair.
    "I am disappointed and it was a surprise because this is a player who has played in the Champions League and been in the Argentina squad for the Olympic Games," Benitez told Liverpool's website. 606: DEBATE

After seeing some of his performances it could be a blessing, he doesn't look ready for the first team yet

Makar

"You have managers talking about how good he is, so I think the system needs to change.
    "Now we have to look for a solution, maybe find a team for him on loan, but we have maybe eight or 10 teams in Spain, Italy and Greece asking about him.
    "When you have eight or 10 teams asking about a player and he's not playing, it means that he is good." Benitez remains confident that Leto still has a future at Anfield, however, adding: "He has a long contract, and I think he can impress and next year will be a different situation." Leto played four times for Liverpool last season in the Champions League and Carling Cup but is yet to make his Premier League debut for the club.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

okay, mek we see if he gets it eventually.
    “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Working...
    X