Its full time the powers that be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its full time the powers that be

start looking to build an alternate sporting facility for Jamaica, one worthy of hosting international sporting events. I just read in the Jamaica observer that the National stadium complex (aka Independence park) WILL BE CLOSED DOWN WITHIN 2 WEEKS because of various fire code violations. The facility has served us well for the past 42 years, time we look to getting a new one now. Lets see how this one plays out (World cup qualifieing strats in just over two weeks.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

I think we have more pressing needs in the country than new stadium facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
      start looking to build an alternate sporting facility for Jamaica, one worthy of hosting international sporting events. I just read in the Jamaica observer that the National stadium complex (aka Independence park) WILL BE CLOSED DOWN WITHIN 2 WEEKS because of various fire code violations. The facility has served us well for the past 42 years, time we look to getting a new one now. Lets see how this one plays out (World cup qualifieing strats in just over two weeks.

Cannot be retified?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

True, and it speaks to the state of our country on a whole. Independence park is a state run facility from what I know. The fact that it is in violation of basic fire codes reflects negatively on the sporting authorities, and the nation on a whole. We are largely a sporting nation, our athletes have represented well in the past. We expect our sportsmen to go out and represent us well, but we are in such a bad state financially that we cant invest a few bucks back into our athletes. There is no reason whatsoever wjhy Jamaica shouldnt be in a position to host a major international track and field meet every year, for example. We cant right now because our facilities are not up to international standards....and they violate fire codes.

If we are not careful about this the millions we are currently investing in teh Reggaeboyz and the coaching staff will go to waste with the unavaialability of the national stadium.
        President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Since all your sentences end with question signs, I dont know when u are in fact asking a question or just making a statement.

Comment

Since all your sentences end with question signs, I dont know when u are in fact asking a question or just making a statement.
            All my questions?

...and everyone with a question sign at the end asks "question"! The asking may be for the reader to think on the matter and not to necessarily share thoughts...or the question may require the sharing of where the "thinking" leads the reader!

Now...once more...my question is: Can there be a fixing of all that ails our present National Stadium?

...and...I think it can be fixed and swiftly!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

and your statements too!

Comment

and your statements too!

No!
                ...many of those end with a "!"

Comment

Maybe thet can convert Peni.. I mean Emancipation Park

Comment

You think ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                      You think ?
                      Yes!

Comment

Working...
                      X