RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burrell for Minister of National Security!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burrell for Minister of National Security!!

JFF to strike hard against indiscipline

THE Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) will strike hard against indiscipline in the upcoming National Premier League season.

Clubs which fail to turn up for matches without good reason and whose spectators disrupt matches will be hardest hit.

In a release yesterday, the JFF said clubs which fail to turn up for matches during the 2008-2009 National Premier League football season will have to dig deep into their pockets.

That decision was among a number ratified by a board meeting at the offices of the JFF on Wednesday. Under the new rule if a team fails to show up for a match, except in cases of force majeure (act of God) recognised by the JFF competitions committee or leaves a Stadium before a match is completed, then the team will be deemed to have lost the match by a margin of 0-3.

In the case of abandonment, a higher margin of victory may be awarded to the winning team if they had already reached that score prior to the guilty team's leaving the field. A fine of $50,000 will also be slapped on the club.

The guilty club will also be docked a further six points, pay the compensation for any damages or losses suffered by the other club and 'by the JFF to a maximum of $75,000' in addition to facing the possibility of being referred to the complaints and disciplinary committee for further actions to be taken.

Clubs which fail to control their supporters will also bear a heavier financial burden in the upcoming season. Lack of discipline and order at a venue before, during and after a match in the form of attempted invasions by spec-tators, missile throwing and other incidents, will attract fines ranging from a minimum of $100,000 to a maximum of $200,000. A repeat occurrence will see the team banned for 12 months and fined a minimum of $200,000.

Tightening of the operations relating to the League will also include a zero-tolerance approach to teams which fail to meet the August 4, 2008, deadline for the entry fee of $50,000 to be paid for the competition which begins on August 31, 2008.

The board agreed that decisions taken by the JFF competitions' committee are subject to appeal unless otherwise stated in the regulations governing the competition.

A new fee structure governing the transfer of players was also decided.

Jamaica Football Federation president, Captain Horace Burrell - file
    Transfer fees:
    Non-amateur Premier League players four seasons and under the age of 26 will command a fee of $170,000.

Non-amateur players four seasons and over in a lower division and under the age of 26 will command a fee of $85,000.

Non-amateur Premier League players four seasons and over the age of 26 will attract a fee of $100,000.

Non-amateur players four seasons and over in a lower division and over the age of 26 will attract $50,000.

Non-amateur Premier League players between two-three seasons and under the age of 26 will command $120,000.

Non-amateur players between two-three seasons in a lower division and under the age of 26 will attract a fee of $60,000.

Non-amateur Premier League players under two seasons and below the age of 26 will move for a fee of $90,000.

Non-amateur players under two years in a lower division and below the age of 26 will go for $45,000.

Non-amateur Premier League players under two seasons and over the age of 26 will attract a fee of $70,000.

Non-amateur players under two seasons in a lower division and over the age of 26 should generate a fee of $45,000.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

These transfer fees? ...to whom are the sums owing? ...who gets the dunny?

The player?
    The Club?
    JFF?

Shared by the player and the selling club?
    Shared by the player and the JFF?
    Shared by the selling Club and the JFF?
    Shared by all three - i.e. selling club, player & JFF?

Shared by the clubs (selling and buying)? Then who pays here?

Shared by the player, the clubs (selling and buying) and the JFF?

Shared by whoever and or whatever...?

Do not know what the rules were...or what the rules are...and thus what the 'x, y and z...' fee structure means!

Can anyone shed some light on this for all of us who may not know what this means?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We can submit this one for entry in the Guiness bokk of World Records.
      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Karl, you are right on target with the ......:

where?
        when?
        how?
        who?
        what?
        whom?
        and don't forget the WHY!!!!!????

As to the 'x,y and z'...fee structure :::

I think you should have dug deeper in ""analyzing"" (the buying and selling).

The question now becomes...:...:who is buying?

What is being sold?

At what cost?

US $ or Ja. $?

Are there transfer fee?

If so how much?

Are the transfer fee too high?

Too low?

Just right?

Do you think Mosiah could shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance!!?/
        Last edited by HL; August 5, 2008, 04:01 PM.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

HL I wonder if you all noticed how Mosiah disappear since Hue's callup. Him mussi gaan collect him money.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Indeed!

My take is that the local squad lacks depth and quality players.

Not knocking Hue--hope he does well--even score so Jamaica will get the full 3 points.

Anything less will cause the forum blood pressure to rise. 'Specially

Assasin.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
              We can submit this one for entry in the Guiness bokk of World Records.
              Transfer Fees
              Reggae Fan: I hear you ...but do you know what this all means?!
              I really do not know!

When I read of a transfer fee in other leagues, I am understanding - An agreed fee paid by the club to which the player is now being transferred to the club from which the player was transferred.

Now...just one thought among many - The JFF speaks of non-amateur players...considering I always thought all the players were professionals...does this mean and or include players who were never with a club previously? If so, where would these players be considered to have been transferred? ...who gets these mentioned transfer fees...and by whom would such fees be played?

I wonder if the announced fee structure raises any question ....or any other set of questions for you...or to you?

Again...I have not a clue what the old rules were...or what the current rules are...or how these rules 'fit'! ...and I would like to know!

*non-amateur was the term the JFF release used.
              I had inadvertently said non-professional.
              Last edited by Karl; August 5, 2008, 06:38 PM.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X