No announcement yet.

The King axed....!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right. I hope simoes knows what he is doing....King misses, but he sure does score too. I dont believe dropiing him from the team is going to chnage his conversion ratio. And I have never seen King play a lazy game for Jamaica..In fact the costa rica game it was his determination in the end that won us the corner that eventually lead to him chipping the ball accross for tyrone Marshall to head home. this was in the 90th minute. In the game vs T&T, he held the ball up nicely before turning and firing home from outside the 18...

If you are going to drop players for not giving 100%, start with the guys on the bench who cant even make the strting team in the first place.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Originally posted by Dre View Post
      When the national anthems are being played before Jamaica face Canada in their CONCACAF World Cup qualifier in Toronto on August 20, Marlon King will not be around. King, one of the leading strikers for Jamaica over the last four years has not been recalled to the squad by Technical Director Rene Simoes.
      “He has not yet received a call up for that game as yet,” responded the media manager of Wigan Athletic, when contacted Wednesday by JamaicaWin.com. “Maybe he will get a call soon.” That was the response given regarding King’s call up for the game against Canada.
      Technical director Rene Simoes then confirmed that all the players for this game have been officially notified. “All the players have been called,” Simoes said. “The final list will be made public when we finish the camp (on August 14).”..................
      www.Jamaicawin.com for more

Earl Bailey
      Editor -
      www.JamaicaWin.com
      I believe in the manager and i also believe King is the best all round striker we have,i think the manager must have a valid reason for leaving King out of this squad. i am sure King will be back playing for the Reggae Boyz soon.I just have a feeling that Simoes might be just thinking that is on off move to Hull might affect his performance for the Boyz. King needs to get his future sorted and start scoring goals again.

Comment

was he not given skipper duties recently?.......man was talkin' big time @ a press conference ?...nah mon, mind games goin' on.......foolin' de opposition.
        “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
          Twan, it's all godd and well that everyone is implying that there is a rift between King and The Prof but can we get specifics? Please, can someone give an eye-witness account of something they saw King did/didn't do in practice that caused the conspicuous wrath of Simoes!

So far, all the negatives on King sound more like guesswork than reality!

I wonder if unu remember Fabian Davis and what happened to him. Remeber that youth was suppose to be the understudy to Cargill, him captain the under-23 side at the time but all of a sudden Simoes just cut him off...and whole heap of rumors were flying around...is just so Simoes do him thing he is not obligated to let us know why. It will be nice to clear the air with the public, but when you dealing with a fan favorite you wouldn't really want to add fuel to the fire...member the Walter Boyd issue...the man a learn from him mistake when it come on to dealing with certain things that can distract the team...

Comment

Good points. But still it's sad to know that the controversy includes King, one our best striker. I guess Simoes is being himself though, because he ostracized The Pearl also for disciplinary reasons. As a Pearl fan I was really urinated (can't use the real word) at the time. However, looking back at the Boyd incident I stand with The Prof. So now, even though I love King's game I'm going to stand by whatever decision The Prof makes
            causen seh a discipline a run di cut!
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

????

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
                Right. I hope simoes knows what he is doing....King misses, but he sure does score too. I dont believe dropiing him from the team is going to chnage his conversion ratio. And I have never seen King play a lazy game for Jamaica..In fact the costa rica game it was his determination in the end that won us the corner that eventually lead to him chipping the ball accross for tyrone Marshall to head home. this was in the 90th minute. In the game vs T&T, he held the ball up nicely before turning and firing home from outside the 18...

If you are going to drop players for not giving 100%, start with the guys on the bench who cant even make the strting team in the first place.
                this is not about "missing" or not giving 100%..no one can question that he doesnt..THIS is about respecting the TD wishes, as to how he wants you to play a position for the TEAM !!..and respect for the TD and what he is trying to implement..
                why do you think he was on the bench for the last Bahamas game ? when we are trying to build chemistry ?
                Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

The man them nuh see that. We nuh have no target man upfront as both he and Fuller dropping back and wide.

Maybe that is why Simoes say him like how Omar Cummings move in the middle.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yow... forumites, give the manager the benefit of the doubt... he is the one who is charged with the responsibility of taking the team to the world cup...

there could be many reasons that factored in simoes decision... not having king in the squad for this match is not indicative of banishment from the team... simoes did say the door is always open to players... sometimes a particular player, although the best may not help in making the best team... he cited ronaldinho in this brazilian team, as an example... that was the flag that made me realize that it was a big name player who would be omitted from the squad...

shatta cuzin also tell mi seh king iz not the most cooperative in training tuh... still dat nuh mean seh dat iz de reason why him nah start de campaign... nuff odda ballaz nah start de campaign...

fact iz ongle simoes know why him nah bring king fi de canada match... again, give him de benefit of de doubt...

look how simoes bring back keith kelly and to a lesser extent jermaine hue... most people never expect dem call up deh... simoes know weh him a duh... him a more expert dan all a wi combined...

i do not think this is the end of king in a reggaeboyz jersey...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

OK boss, I hear you. I have nothing more to say on the topic.

Needless to say I am very disappointed that we will be going into Canada without one of our better players.
                      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                        Good points. But still it's sad to know that the controversy includes King, one our best striker. I guess Simoes is being himself though, because he ostracized The Pearl also for disciplinary reasons. As a Pearl fan I was really urinated (can't use the real word) at the time. However, looking back at the Boyd incident I stand with The Prof. So now, even though I love King's game I'm going to stand by whatever decision The Prof makes
                        causen seh a discipline a run di cut!

my youth that is all that I am saying...based on Simoes track record with certain situations in the country his decisions should not be looked on as an act of God...but they should also not be heavily scrutinised. Me did vex just as much as anybody when him leggo Boyd...but it is what it is...the man accomplish him goal that time

Comment

it is not about flying anybody it is about attitude and folowing instructions
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Cool Assasin...I am just a disappointed fan thats all. Lets hope that Kings absense bear fruits for us vs Canada.

Comment

I also hope it doesn't affect us but Simoes believe in a certain way and he doesn't change at all. The only good thing from this is all player have to give full hundred or they are gone next game.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                                The man them nuh see that. We nuh have no target man upfront as both he and Fuller dropping back and wide.

Maybe that is why Simoes say him like how Omar Cummings move in the middle.
                                That's what I see as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X