Clear All

• Lawro mek him predictions.

ARSENAL

Nickname: The Gunners (typo? Gummers)
    Ground: Emirates Stadium
    Capacity: 60,000
    Position last season: Third
    Manager: Arsene Wenger (September 1996)

Lawro's verdict: The Gunners look a little short of quality to me and I think they might slip from third to fourth this season.

There have been a couple of high profile departures from the club in Alexander Hleb and Mathieu Flamini. New signing Samir Nasri looks like a scaled down version of Hleb and I'm a bit worried about Emmanuel Adebayor, who I think did want to leave over the summer.

We don't know for sure when Eduardo will be back and although I like the look of youngster Jack Wilshire I think this year might be a little too early for him. It must be a big season for Theo Walcott.

KEY MAN: Cesc Fabregas. A fabulous player who must score plenty of goals from midfield.

CHELSEA

Nickname: Blues (aka The Rent Boys)
    Ground: Stamford Bridge
    Capacity: 42,449
    Last season: 2nd
    Manager: Luiz Felipe Scolari (July 2008)

Lawro's verdict: I think Chelsea will finish as champions. Under new boss Luiz Felipe Scolari they will play attacking football. The Brazilian will quickly realise that having players such as Petr Cech, John Terry, Ricardo Carvalho and Michael Essien available gives him the ability to make more aggressive selections in other areas of the pitch.

As we saw last season, when Chelsea got everyone fit they pushed Manchester United all the way for the title. I would not be surprised if Didier Drogba remains at the club and Scolari will have great competition in all areas.

KEY MAN: Goalkeeper Petr Cech. If he plays all Chelsea's games I think they will win the league. He was not at his best last season but I think he will be back with a bang.

LIVERPOOL

Nickname: Reds (huh? Livafool)
    Ground: Anfield
    Capacity: 45,362
    Last season: Fourth
    Manager: Rafael Benitez (June 2004)

Lawro's verdict: I think Liverpool will improve on last season by one position and finish third.

Robbie Keane is a very good signing but I am worried already by manager Rafa Benitez saying that he can play on the right or left of midfield. I'm sorry Rafa, but I think Keane has to play either just behind or alongside Fernando Torres. When Keane is playing well he is a cheeky chappie who is very inventive in the penalty area but if you stick him out wide you will lose that.

Liverpool look a bit light down the left, particularly in an attacking sense. I would not sign Gareth Barry for £18m, instead I would look for a left sided player. However, Liverpool do have a very solid backbone with the likes of Pepe Reina, Daniel Agger, Jamie Carragher, Javier Mascherano and Steven Gerrard.

KEY MAN: Steven Gerrard. A massively obvious choice but clearly correct. He is Mr Liverpool.

MANCHESTER UNITED

Nickname: Red Devils (GET IT RIGHT ... THE EMPIRE!!)
    Ground: Old Trafford
    Capacity: 76,000
    Last season: Champions
    Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson (November 1986)

Lawro's verdict: Man Utd play outstanding football and commit players forward. In Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand they have an outstanding defensive partnership and I think they may be better than they were last season. However, I think Chelsea might just have the edge.

I have my doubts about Cristiano Ronaldo. Is there a part of him that still wants to move to Real Madrid? If there is then he will not be the same player for United that he was last season.

KEY MAN: Wayne Rooney. I think it will be a big season for him.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

suh wait....wanting to leave will affect ronaldo and adebayor but not drogba?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Nickname: Blues (aka The Rent Boys)
      Just to set the records straight. Lawro did not say anything about Chelsea being the Rent Boyz. I guess if Chelsea are the rent boys, then ManUre is what? The lease men?

For the full article, check it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...em/7540723.stm
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        Just to set the records straight. Lawro did not say anything about Chelsea being the Rent Boyz. I guess if Chelsea are the rent boys, then ManUre is what? The lease men?

For the full article, check it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...em/7540723.stm
        Don't be so sentitive Tilla .. Gummers, Livafool, Rent Boys ... Empire .... Lawro nuh dat good. I inserted the ideal names.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Gummers, Livafool, Rent Boys ... Empire
          Empire, what Empire? You mean ManUre?
          Yuh realize is ongle you and a couple of other ManUre fans on here use that name?
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            Empire, what Empire? You mean ManUre?
            Yuh realize is ongle you and a couple of other ManUre fans on here use that name?
            When no other team has won half the EPL titles the Empire has won .... I can comprehend the need to hide from reality.

Comment

Working...
            X