Mark My Words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark My Words

People a talk bout DeRosario and the "potent strike force" that Canada have...them man deh good still but mark my words.

Luton Shelton is the next Dwight Yorke...
    tek it from a bredda that has been watching Yorke since the Shell Cup in Jamaica, when Anthony Corbet Jamaica did beat the teenage Yorke Trinidad side in the finals...Luton Shelton has the same mindset of Yorke from back then and if he stays hungry nothing is going to stop him in this region....so unu can talk bout DeRossario who is just another over-hyped pretty boy from the MLS...wi have a ball head goal dragon weh hopefully a carry the same chip pon him shoulder...Canada defence inna serious trouble trust me

Jermaine Hue on turf will be the biggest weapon we will have. Whether he is a sub or a starter, forwards like Burton, Cummings and Shelton match well with his style of play. Additionally, him acustomed to playing on that type of surface in the Bronx league. The way those fields play suit midfielders like himself and Andy. Andy need to step up his game or else he will lose it to Hue.

As mi say, from mi see Simoes switch to a 5-3-2/3-5-2 Hue cannot be left out. Kelly, Andy, Hue and Tappa are the only players we have who suit that position. Tappa too old and Kelly nuh back to full force yet. Kelly need to make sure he keeps up the progress, that way when Hue and Andy pop down in a couple years, him ready to carry the team.

Comment

Move up inna di wagon bredren, because some a wi too quick fi jump off when di road get likkle bumpy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Agree!! Luton Shelton is the best player in terms of potential that i have seen in Ja, really bar none!! Speed, movement with the ball, , finding the net or being in the vicinity, right time, right place, he seems to penetrate at will, everytime I see him, while Fuller besides being a classical brucky boo, i just don't see the explosiveness, the pure desire, it always look to me likehe is not going all out.

On the Shelton thing I just cannot understand what these English club managers are doing with the youth, good thing him gone up North!!

Comment

Never yet on any wagon with jermaine Hue. I thought Jermaine Hue's left foot was world class when I first saw him in the late 90's when he was the second best attacking midfielder in the NPL (Tappa being number one at the time). However he was a lazy footballer. I had high hopes for him and then saw him in an Under 23 midfield with Andy Williams and Andy covered three times the ground Hue did.

Once we paly a 5-3-2 Hue have to be in the squad and should be used along with two strong tacklers like Taylor and Austin

. 4-4-2, I could see why a coach would leave him out. Wouldn't want him in the middle and I wouldn't play him on the left over Demar.

Comment

Nuff man nuh realise seh dis side dat simoes pick is a running engine! Bare speed, 3 maestros and nuff power!

maestros Gardner [wing], Hue [centre finesse], Andy [roaming]

speed shelton [blistering], cummings [controlling], phillips [tactical], woodbine [blazing], stewart [composed]

power austin [Raw], burton [holding], goodison [mind]

Canada betta start fret...cause dem side disjointed and the holes are large!

Jamaica 2 Canada 0 memba mi tell unuh

Comment

goodison is under "power" right?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                Once we paly a 5-3-2 Hue have to be in the squad and should be used along with two strong tacklers like Taylor and Austin.
                One time, not even dat wi coulda get outta yuh.

Better late...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                  Jermaine Hue on turf will be the biggest weapon we will have. Whether he is a sub or a starter, forwards like Burton, Cummings and Shelton match well with his style of play. Additionally, him acustomed to playing on that type of surface in the Bronx league. .
                  Excellent observation!
                  We'll see what unfolds!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Make space on the wagon, people. Sit like fambily!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                      Agree!! Luton Shelton is the best player in terms of potential that i have seen in Ja, really bar none!! Speed, movement with the ball, , finding the net or being in the vicinity, right time, right place, he seems to penetrate at will, everytime I see him, while Fuller besides being a classical brucky boo, i just don't see the explosiveness, the pure desire, it always look to me likehe is not going all out.

On the Shelton thing I just cannot understand what these English club managers are doing with the youth, good thing him gone up North!!
                      I'll say it again...if you are not making the TEAM better the TOP OF THE WORLD Managers and or those Managers who aspire to TOP OF THE WORLD status have no use for you.

Shelton with his speed and his ability to find the back of the net just needs to play with and within TEAM confines. If he does not understand that that is what all the world's best players consistently do...then it will be 2nd tier organisations for him...and in 2/3 years 3th/4th tier plunge.

What is the point of having all the potential you speak of but you are not "into" making the TEAM operate at maximum levels...making the TEAM better...or at the very least not pulling down the TEAM. At Sheffield...a 2nd tier TEAM...whenever I saw Sheton...he ran hard, took a few shots...but MOST OFTEN ignored his teammates and TEAM! What was the point of all that?
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It is not about team. Them English manager only use to pass it down the wing and pass it in the middle and hope fi a header. Them nuh use to a man sprinting out a di pack and upsetting what they see as team.

That is why sheffield failed under Robson. It take a different breed of coaches such as Martin Oniel who used the speed of Gabi and Ashley young to their benefit.

If you start a James Beattie fi the header and Shelton to take on defense and open up space fi the cross that is a winner.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          One time, not even dat wi coulda get outta yuh.

Better late...
                          You nuh easy at all. When Wendell a parade Hue in midfield and the defense a leak all bout, mi seh if you play Hue, team have to build around him. Otherwise you team going to suffer.

All further back than that when the Junglist would make statement about J Williams being a better player, mi defend it. Mi all defend him when RF claim seh him salad the man in front of sharon. (LOL)

And if you want to go even further back than that when people a knock you for rating him when them never see him play before, mi seh as much as him lazy, soft and gwaan with zouse early in him career, him left foot world class.

Mi always balanced when mi talking about Hue

Comment

Karl yuh suppose to know say English ball (apart from Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and tottenham) is a system ball league...and Shelton is not strongest as a system player...them man deh love create him thing and the coaches inna England hate fi see that...a nuh fi him fault...but him will make most teams in the EPL more explosive if the coach is willing to work wid him

Comment

Bredren, I really don't remember that, but if you say so, then...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X