Reid challenges JFF's competence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Reid challenges JFF's competence

so you are saying its OK for club teams to accept sponsorship from Cable and Wireless but not for th eCaptain's bakery? Why not? Why is the Captains bakery (the organization) an undesireable entity?
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Ok Genius let me spell it out for you slowly..had the reporter done a better story and cited the financial figures that Horace Reid quoted, then it would have made a lot more impact in that it would give a better picture of the financial state of the JFF under Burrell.

Horace said said so much more than waht was written and even if the reporter had a space problem which I doubt, he should have gone for the figures quoted where Horace said the JFF was in a much healthier financial position when they were able to play games at the national stadium and was able in three years to turn the JFF's dire financial position into a healthy one.

You are so quick to point fingers and look for hidden messages that you did not even realise thatI was actuallyspeaking of the Burrell/Reid tenure in a positive light.

And being the ass that you are you cant step back recognise you are wrong then apologise and back off.

People like you only take up space on God earth and are a waste of oxygen.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

And once again you have the WRONG PREMISE. Captain's bakery sponsore dtwo competitions the benefitted teams right across the entire western region, four parishes and all team maybe about 24 in all were included.

What C&WJ did was pick out four from 12.

Do U really think B4 you post?
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

sickko (8/12/2006)Ok Genius let me spell it out for you slowly..had the reporter done a better story and cited the financial figures that Horace Reid quoted, then it would have made a lot more impact in that it would give a better picture of the financial state of the JFF under Burrell.

Horace said said so much more than waht was written and even if the reporter had a space problem which I doubt, he should have gone for the figures quoted where Horace said the JFF was in a much healthier financial position when they were able to play games at the national stadium and was able in three years to turn the JFF's dire financial position into a healthy one.

You are so quick to point fingers and look for hidden messages that you did not even realise thatI was actuallyspeaking of the Burrell/Reid tenure in a positive light.

And being the ass that you are you cant step back recognise you are wrong then apologise and back off.

People like you only take up space on God earth and are a waste of oxygen.
          What do I need to apologise to you for? I quoted the section of your post that I drew my conclusion from, and you replied with a long ass post trying to save face. You act like a little girl on here all the time, for all I care you could stop posting if you want. you and the Boxhill apologists will never get my respect, simply because you all are too tied up in the politics of Jamaica's football to realise the injustice being done to our football by these set of dunces.

You have a sport which has the potential to pull in 25M$ in gate reciepts in one go, yet you sit around twiddling your thumb, being scared to go in a game and come out with a net loss.

You are nothing more than the typical spindless Jamaican journalist who suck up these officials in order to remain in their good books.

and have the nerves to come question my inteligence.

The problem with Jamaica's football has to do with people like you.
          President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Dont fool yourself talking about intellegence when you start showing it then you will get respect.

You and your idiot friends want to shove things down people's throats as if people dont have a right to choose.

The FACT is that you know little or anything about football and come here trying to prove yourself

FACT is you have never done anything in your miserable life to help football in this country but sit on your ass and complain and criticise and talk about behaving like girl.

I have done more in the last ten years for this country and the sport than you will ever in your life whether you choose to accept that or not.

FACT- you choose to make a comment that you were not qualified to do and it blew up badly in your face.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

You are amazing. It seemed rather clear to me that Sickko was trying to big up Burrell and Reid, but you were so quick to accuse and label that you couldn't even see the obvious. Then, with egg emblazoned on your face, you don't even have the sense to apologise.

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You mean the whole fowl roost, the egg stink will be with him for a long time to come.

It is ironic that some one who claims intellegence cant see the diffrence between the C&WJ deal and the Captain's Bakery sponsorship of the Western Confederatoion AND Westmorland Major League.

On one hand, one multi-national multi-million dollar company picks fours clubs from one general area in a national competition while a much smaller organisation sponsors two separate competitions, both involving no fewer then 24 clubs from a wide area irrspective of geography or politics.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Reid calls for overhaul of JFF administration</SPAN>
                  <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>

BY PAUL A REID Observer writer
                  Sunday, August 13, 2006
                  </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                  <P class=StoryText align=justify>SAV-LA-MAR, Westmoreland - Horace Reid, the former general secretary of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) and former head of National Premier League champions Portmore United, has called for the resignation of the Crenston Boxhill-led administration.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=120 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>REID... success on the field cannot be possible without competence off the field </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>In a hard-hitting address at the joint presentation ceremony of the Captain's Bakery Western Confederation Super League and Westmoreland Football Association's Major league, held on Thursday at Hotel Commingles in Sav-La-Mar, Reid said that as one who is qualified to speak about the state of the game in Jamaica, "I wonder, whether or not the much publicised overhaul of the (JFF's) technical department should not go hand in hand with a major overall of the administrative department".<P class=StoryText align=justify>Reid said it had always been his fervent view that "success learned on the field of play cannot be possible without simultaneous competence off the field".
                  Reid, who attended the recent World Cup Finals in Germany as part of the Trinidad &amp; Tobago delegation, said football is not just for sports and recreation any more.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"It is a tremendous catalyst for galvanising the masses and is a business," he asserted, adding that this has been forcibly brought home over the past decade.
                  "One only needs to follow the events of international football at both club and national levels, to recognise this," he said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Stock exchange<P class=StoryText align=justify>According to Reid, major clubs in Europe were now listed on the stock exchange and "advertisers are lining up to pay huge dollars for branding rights to major, world renowned competitions and tournaments".<P class=StoryText align=justify>He said while Jamaica did not take part in the recent World Cup, the advertising spent on it here was in the tens of millions of dollars.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Because football is big business, Reid said, "it requires competent and astute administrators to take full advantage of the enormous opportunities abound in modern football".<P class=StoryText align=justify>Reid said it requires administrators with foresight to take necessary calculated risks, as most successful businesses do, in order to excel.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"It's not good enough that we take positions and implement policies only to survive and exist from day to day. We have to dream big, think big, act big and support that with hard work and the necessary innovative initiatives in order to achieve significant goals and objectives," he stated.

He pointed out that the previous JFF administration had taken these kinds of "calculated risks" when the board gave unanimous approval for interest-free loans to be secured from the Captain's Bakery Limited, especially in light of the fact that "we had to intensify the rebuilding of the national team for the 2006 World Cup campaign".
                  fiscal policies<P class=StoryText align=justify>Given the prudent fiscal policies the previous JFF administration had started, had the national team qualified for the final stages of the 2006 CONCACAF qualifying campaign, income would have erased completely a debt of over $15million and strengthen the working capital position, Reid sa
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What's up with this "overall" thing?

Comment

RF - I am not saying that The Captain's Bakery is undesirable. The point that I am trying to make is that using a forum like that to criticize the JFF is akin to you inviting someone over for dinner and then your guest verbally attack you in your own home.

It just doesnt look good for sponsors to "sponsor" attacks on the leadership of the very institutions that they are sponsoring.

Comment

You are out of control, and have gone off on a tangent...but let me address your points

The FACT is that you know little or anything about football and come here trying to prove yourself
                        Hey, I never claimed to be an armchair football expert, I always saw myself purely as a football fan, supporter of team Reggae Boyz, a passionate fan who want to see progress for my team....that has been my claim from way back when, looong before you surfaced on this web site to push your own interests. Football puts food on your table, it doesnt for me! It appears you are the one trying to prove yourself...

FACT is you have never done anything in your miserable life to help football in this country but sit on your ass and complain and criticise and talk about behaving like girl.
                        Miserable life? I bet you any money that your life is more miserable than mine right now. Bossman, I have been playing my role for aboutfive years now in the little way I can. The very web site you visit everyday is my work, my time went into building it over the past couple of years, and I do it out of love for country and game, not because it puts bread on my table. Its good to know that you have contributed to Jamaica's football over the years, the difference between me andyou is that football pays you, it doesnt pay me.

And i am not qualified to comment on Jamaica's football? On a Reggae Boyz Supporters Club forum? Are you smoking crack?

Comment

FanAttick (8/13/2006)RF - I am not saying that The Captain's Bakery is undesirable. The point that I am trying to make is that using a forum like that to criticize the JFF is akin to you inviting someone over for dinner and then your guest verbally attack you in your own home.

It just doesnt look good for sponsors to "sponsor" attacks on the leadership of the very institutions that they are sponsoring.
                          Here is a quote form your original post: "..Does the JFF not have the authority to block teams from accepting sponsorship from undesirable enitities?.."

I guess I have misread yet another post.

Comment

Mosiah (8/12/2006)You are amazing. It seemed rather clear to me that Sickko was trying to big up Burrell and Reid, but you were so quick to accuse and label that you couldn't even see the obvious. Then, with egg emblazoned on your face, you don't even have the sense to apologise.

sigh
                            You are confused as hell. You defend Sicko to the very end, simply because he is among the few here who side with you in defending incompetent people.

Comment

RF - the context of the term"undesirable" was just to illustrate my point that it is undesirable for a sponsor to criticize the JFF(in the forum of afunctionassociated with sponsorship of a JFF league)- and you can say that Reid's close association with Burrell makes him a virtual extension of the captain's bakery.

I am not suggesting that the Captain's Bakery is undesirable - in fact we need many more sponsors like the Captain - but you cant used your sponsorship to expressly promote an agenda that is inimical to the interests of the JFF.

Again - for the record - I also believe that Boxill and his administration should resign en bloc as they have been a collossal failure.

Comment

FanAttick (8/13/2006)RF - the context of the term"undesirable" was just to illustrate my point that it is undesirable for a sponsor to criticize the JFF(in the forum of afunctionassociated with sponsorship of a JFF league)- and you can say that Reid's close association with Burrell makes him a virtual extension of the captain's bakery.

I am not suggesting that the Captain's Bakery is undesirable - in fact we need many more sponsors like the Captain - but you cant used your sponsorship to expressly promote an agenda that is inimical to the interests of the JFF.

Again - for the record - I also believe that Boxill and his administration should resign en bloc as they have been a collossal failure.
                                I get the picture man, no worry.

Comment

Working...
                                X