Manu player jumps the sinking ship...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manu player jumps the sinking ship...

LONDON (AP) - Arsenal signed French defender Mikael Silvestre on a two-year deal from Premier League rival Manchester United on Wednesday.

The 31-year-old Silvestre left Old Trafford after nine years, rejecting a move to Manchester City in favor of the prospect of Champions League football in London.

Silvestre, who missed much of last season with knee ligament damage, is the first player United has sold to the Gunners since Brian Kidd in 1974.

"I've spent a large part of my career at United, the last nine years, and I'll remember that time fondly but feel I'm ready for a new challenge," said Silvestre, who won four league titles at Old Trafford. "Arsenal is known for playing technical and skillful football, and has a young but experienced squad.

"I'm really excited about this next stage of my career, hopefully playing my part in helping the club to new successes."

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger broke his usual policy of signing young, promising players.

"We have a strong squad but a young squad and Mikael's versatility, experience and caliber will provide the extra depth we need to reinforce our challenge for honors this season," Wenger said. "His defensive adaptability will serve us well and it's a big plus that Mikael has top-level experience and a great understanding of football in the Premier League."

Arsenal did not disclose the fee.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

listen mi...there is no sinking ship at Old Trafford...all the big man is doing is freeing up space for Berbatov since Barcelona is in the hunt for the striker...Silvestre did good for the club but right now we have enough defenders...wish you all the best Silvestre...but you not getting no game at Arsenal either...Cliche, Eboue have left back pon lock, Gallas, Troure, and Senderos have center half pon lock...look like him ago peel orange

Comment

SAF hustled Wegner. Weh him a go de so fah? A bettah him did go a City cause him caan get Clichy game. BuddyHead is a real buddyhead.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

is the same thing me was saying but yuh brawling bad....

Comment

eboue gwain play midfeel

Comment

Spy fi die and all informer fi dead.
            Sylvestre is also a central defender, I think he is an ideal replacement for a veteran warrior, Campbell.
            He might change things at the back, we will see.

Blessed

Comment

Silvestre wants to play first team football therefore he decided to take a demotion .. playing for a lesser team.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

not with Nasri, Fabregas, Van Persie, Walcott, Denilson...peel orange

Comment

Working...
                X