Ricardo Fuller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricardo Fuller

See him being interviewed at around the 1:48 mark, regarding Stoke vs Aston Villa.

http://www.skysports.com/video/0,202...037695,00.html
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Why Fuller do not play like that for the reggae boyzsc.

2 classic goal from 2 games.

Comment

Here are some comments on the goal

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards27.co...y&thread=40494
      "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

when i listen to fuller, i realise that his years in england has changed his accent, which i know is inevitable...

so much for the ignorant people who love fi pick pon people like sanya richards because she speaks with an american accent... (a t&f discussion on willi t&f site)
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

btw, i had this same discussion with a big jamaican balla couple days ago...

he said, the reason we don't see many of our players play the same way is because they don't have the players to give them the same service (passes) nor do we have the players to play the ball to the expectation of our overseas players... eg. oftentimes, a bibi will play a ball, move to get a return pass, the player to make the pass would delay or not make the pass where it should be played... he said thats the main reason for many of our players not playing as we are accustomed to seeing them playing in england...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Its ok to speak standard english with an accent acquired overseas. As we might have have discussed here before, if you don't speak with a slight american accent, americans do not understand you.

The wuss type of american accent to hear is someone who is speaks Ja patwa with an american accent. That is often people who acquire the new accent once they get off the plane at JFK
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
              Its ok to speak standard english with an accent acquired overseas. As we might have have discussed here before, if you don't speak with a slight american accent, americans do not understand you.

The wuss type of american accent to hear is someone who is speaks Ja patwa with an american accent. That is often people who acquire the new accent once they get off the plane at JFK
              Extremely few of us get that American accent right. It is usually those who came here very young who do. As far as the older folk are concerned, it is just that some do a better job than others.

No one God earthly thing wrong with going through the learning process. Our willingness to laugh at those who try to imitate and do an initial bad job reminds me of my days at school...any child who 'was off' on anything, including use of English, usually had a majority of the kids 'poking fun at'. Funny thing is even those who had the same problem would join in.

Somehow I most often found myself on the side of the 'trier'. Why the others were so cruel I am still finding it hard to understand. Just think on it...be it Spanish, French or 'whatever language' any among our peers attempt to learn...does it not always start with a 'murdering' of the accent among other things?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

suh das why yuh decide fi punish wi fram time to time?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Not neseccarily true. Notice how they post Fuller high up and isolate him on one or two defenders?

Fuller playing for Jamaica is running out of midfield trying to go by not one, not two, but three or four players. At one point in the game saturday Fuller try going by three or 4 defenders but lost the ball when he had other players to play it to.

He has to be more patient player for Jamaica and isolate himself or open up space for others. Wayne Rooney going through the same thing now. Most of the time he is caught too deep. I also think that was one of the problem Simoes had with King as there was no target man up front.

Our players(all a them) have to understand roles and play accordingly when they are in the national program.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                  X