Puma showering praises on Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puma showering praises on Jamaica

Jamaican sprint star Usain Bolt is to receive a brand new BMW M3 from his main sponsor, Puma, the company's CEO, Jochen Zeitz, announced at a news conference in Beijing, China yesterday.

Zeitz made the announcement two days after Bolt celebrated his 22nd birthday and a day after he ran the third leg of the 4x100m to help Jamaica win the gold medal and smash the world record by posting 37.10secs.

BEIJING, China - Olympic star Usain Bolt (left) examines a model BMW M3 presented to him by Puma CEO Jochen Zeitz at a press conference with the Jamaican team yesterday. Zeitz said the athlete will soon get the actual motor car as a birthday gift from the sports goods manufacturers, sponsors of Bolt and the Jamaica Olympic team. (Photo: Bryan Cummings) The relay win was Bolt's third gold of the 29th Olympiad, having earlier taken the 100m in a world record 9.69secs and the 200m, also in a world record 19.30secs.

"Usain, I'm not sure we can top the medals you won this week, but we didn't want you to miss out on a birthday celebration," said Zeitz. "So, we would like to present you with a special gift that we heard you've had your eye on in Jamaica. It's a fully-loaded BMW M3, and we'll be sending you the real thing when you get home."

Earlier in the news conference Zeitz, when asked why Puma chose to sponsor Bolt and Jamaica he said: "Well that is a very easy question. It used to be a difficult question, but an easy one now. Puma is a brand that wants to mix things up and push boundaries, and we have a brand personality that combines sport performance on one side, style, fashion, and living a positive lifestyle on the other. So we are always looking for partners who do just that. Six years ago, we felt Jamaica as a country and the athletes would represent Puma well and it paid off in a big way.

"But we do not just focus on winning. We really focus on how we perform and how we do it. That is why we have a partnership with Jamaica. Jamaica does it in style. It's a wonderful lifestyle we would all want, but don't have time to go to Jamaica.

"Bringing that feeling to the world made all the difference in the world. And if you look at how Jamaica has performed that's what has brought the country into the hearts of the world. And that was our mission. Of course, you want to win, but even if you don't win, you give your personal best and you also want to enjoy it. And as was said about the disappointment with the women's relay. it happens. Tragedy and victory are very close, and sometimes it's just a split second.
    "And that's why we love Jamaica. We love sports, and that's why we picked Team Jamaica."

Asked about the accusations of showboating levelled at him after he won the 100m, Bolt said: "I talked to the other athletes. Most of them were okay with it. That's just how it goes in track and field. I'm just trying to enjoy myself, that's it. The fans are watching, and they want to know your personality, and I try to enjoy myself at all times. I won't change, and a lot of people like seeing me perform. I won't change because that's my personality."
    Last edited by Tilla; August 24, 2008, 03:33 PM.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Is that the Jamaican coat of arms on the Puma president's shirt?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Is that the Jamaican coat of arms on the Puma president's shirt?
      Seems that way. Why don't we have the coat of arms on our national jersey(ReggaeBoyz)?

Comment

Do we really need it? How many countries has such a thing on their jersey?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
          Jamaican sprint star Usain Bolt is to receive a brand new BMW M3 from his main sponsor, Puma, the company's CEO, Jochen Zeitz, announced at a news conference in Beijing, China yesterday.
          Zeitz made the announcement two days after Bolt celebrated his 22nd birthday and a day after he ran the third leg of the 4x100m to help Jamaica win the gold medal and smash the world record by posting 37.10secs.
          BEIJING, China - Olympic star Usain Bolt (left) examines a model BMW M3 presented to him by Puma CEO Jochen Zeitz at a press conference with the Jamaican team yesterday. Zeitz said the athlete will soon get the actual motor car as a birthday gift from the sports goods manufacturers, sponsors of Bolt and the Jamaica Olympic team. (Photo: Bryan Cummings) The relay win was Bolt's third gold of the 29th Olympiad, having earlier taken the 100m in a world record 9.69secs and the 200m, also in a world record 19.30secs.
          "Usain, I'm not sure we can top the medals you won this week, but we didn't want you to miss out on a birthday celebration," said Zeitz. "So, we would like to present you with a special gift that we heard you've had your eye on in Jamaica. It's a fully-loaded BMW M3, and we'll be sending you the real thing when you get home."
          Earlier in the news conference Zeitz, when asked why Puma chose to sponsor Bolt and Jamaica he said: "Well that is a very easy question. It used to be a difficult question, but an easy one now. Puma is a brand that wants to mix things up and push boundaries, and we have a brand personality that combines sport performance on one side, style, fashion, and living a positive lifestyle on the other. So we are always looking for partners who do just that. Six years ago, we felt Jamaica as a country and the athletes would represent Puma well and it paid off in a big way.
          "But we do not just focus on winning. We really focus on how we perform and how we do it. That is why we have a partnership with Jamaica. Jamaica does it in style. It's a wonderful lifestyle we would all want, but don't have time to go to Jamaica.
          "Bringing that feeling to the world made all the difference in the world. And if you look at how Jamaica has performed that's what has brought the country into the hearts of the world. And that was our mission. Of course, you want to win, but even if you don't win, you give your personal best and you also want to enjoy it. And as was said about the disappointment with the women's relay. it happens. Tragedy and victory are very close, and sometimes it's just a split second.
          "And that's why we love Jamaica. We love sports, and that's why we picked Team Jamaica."
          Asked about the accusations of showboating levelled at him after he won the 100m, Bolt said: "I talked to the other athletes. Most of them were okay with it. That's just how it goes in track and field. I'm just trying to enjoy myself, that's it. The fans are watching, and they want to know your personality, and I try to enjoy myself at all times. I won't change, and a lot of people like seeing me perform. I won't change because that's my personality."
          Nice and deserved toy for Usain.

Considering what Jamaica has done for the brand they need to do something significant and lasting for the country.

Funding a modern track/football facility at UTECH back field with naming rights going to Puma would be a good start... US$5m would do the trick.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I still feel deep down in my heart that Puma should be able to give us a far better deal than we currently have with Kappa for our football team. Here we have the PUMA president endorsing Jamaica and its athletes, talking about the lifestyle of the people and the way it compliments the vision of his company. Jamaica's track stars are in no way different from our footballers.

I'll forvere say this, who want vex, go ahead, but if Puma can sponsor Guatemala to the tune of US$6M, and Adidias can splash US$14M on T&T, I cant justify the fact that we have a kit deal worth only US$1.3 M.
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Puma is a brand that wants to mix things up and push boundaries, and we have a brand personality that combines sport performance on one side, style, fashion, and living a positive lifestyle on the other. So we are always looking for partners who do just that. Six years ago, we felt Jamaica as a country and the athletes would represent Puma well and it paid off in a big way.
              RF, read the above quote. Do you really think the football team meet all the criteria Puma is seeking in a partner? Do you think that a team ranked close to 100 in the world can be considered delivering in the area of sports performance. I think they would consider us howeever if we were doing better in football, like qualifying for the World Cup.

No one is going to give us a free lunch RF. THey have to see it as having something in it for them too. In other words, the benefits have to be mutual.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
                I still feel deep down in my heart that Puma should be able to give us a far better deal than we currently have with Kappa for our football team. Here we have the PUMA president endorsing Jamaica and its athletes, talking about the lifestyle of the people and the way it compliments the vision of his company. Jamaica's track stars are in no way different from our footballers.

I'll forvere say this, who want vex, go ahead, but if Puma can sponsor Guatemala to the tune of US$6M, and Adidias can splash US$14M on T&T, I cant justify the fact that we have a kit deal worth only US$1.3 M.

jamaica is any power house jamaica known fuh football steeps

Comment

M3? Dem tink a him girlfriend dem a gi di cyar?

Comment

Bricky I was thinking the same thing too! With Bolt's 6-5 frame a more suitable Bimma (though not sporty) would be a 2008 740IL. Even the 528I is not that bad as it is roomy enough and comes quite classy...I should know .
                    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Bolt was the one who said that was his dream car

I wondered when I read it if he knew that they had a M6 that is a new brand faster and more roomier; although any car can be made when ordered by a company or individuals of Puma's statue and money to specific modification to suit intended owners for a price...So don't watch the man size Brickie and Farmah that can't change but the car can.
                      "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Hmmmnnn!! Well let's hope that is the case and they will stretch the M3 to fit his frame.
                        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Not asking for a free lunch Tilla. It appears that Puma is attracted to the Jamaica brand in general, the lifestyle and cultural aspects that goes along with the sporting side of things. I see a number of African teams getting sponsorhip from Puma for mega bucks, even those that are not doing all that well internatinally. Right here in CONCACAF, we have a team like Guatemala, who, in my book, is nowhere close to Jamaica in terms of international football achievements. They currently have a Puma deal worth US$5M. And the ranking arguement doesnt hold much water in my books. Guatemala currently ranks below Jamaica, and rarely ever ranks above us.

Comment

Yes genius.

Goes to show how detail oriented those executives are...they think of everything.

What? that was'nt necessary? He went too far?
                            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It's this type of JLIJ thought pattern why Bolt should bolt.

Very narrow and boxy.

Do we really need it? ~~~~~~~~~~~GROAN~~~~~~~~~!!!
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X