Manchester City re-sign SWP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester City re-sign SWP

Manchester City have re-signed Shaun Wright-Phillips from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee; but reported to be around £9million.

GettyImages
    Wright-Phillips (r) moved to Manchester City after talks with Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari (l).

The 26-year-old passed a medical on Thursday morning and signed a four-year contract with the club where he made his name before moving to Stamford Bridge for £21million three years ago.

Wright-Phillips, who was initially reluctant to make the move but decided to call time on his career at Stamford Bridge after a meeting with manager Luiz Felipe Scolari, said: 'Obviously I'm delighted to come back to City and I just can't wait to get started again.'

Manager Mark Hughes expressed his delighted at concluding the deal as his team arrived in Denmark for the second leg of their tricky UEFA Cup clash with FC Midtjylland.
    Hughes said: 'I've always admired him and he's certainly been a target of mine since I came to the football club.

'To actually secure the deal and bring Shaun back home is a fantastic coup for us and I'm sure the supporters will be just as excited as we are to have him back at Manchester City.'
    Wright-Phillips enjoyed a seven-year spell with City from 1998 until 2005 before moving to Stamford Bridge, where the England winger started only 43 matches during is three seasons with the Blues.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

yuh beat mi to di punch.....dis yute set back him career wid dat move to chelsea....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

the biggest joke in this article is ...

"Wright-Phillips, who was initially reluctant to make the move but decided to call time on his career at Stamford Bridge after a meeting with manager Luiz Felipe Scolari, said: 'Obviously I'm delighted to come back to City and I just can't wait to get started again."

Mark Hughes should have let his sorry a s s stay at the Rent Boys.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

dat nuh funny, in fact it is downright SAD!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yup!
          Good player who needs to play everyday!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Him did have time fi play a Chelsea, but not football. Him coulda play nintendo or wid him iPod.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

or wid himself
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                Him did have time fi play a Chelsea, but not football. Him coulda play nintendo or wid him iPod.
                Yuh seit!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

SWP went to Chelsea(abound with veteran players) with rookie status......, the real disappointment is Parker.

Blessed

Comment

Pointing the way

out of Stamford Bridge... "See the exit there"

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                    Manchester City have re-signed Shaun Wright-Phillips from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee; but reported to be around £9million.

GettyImages
                    Peter R

Comment

Working...
                    X