Oversees players called for Mexican game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oversees players called for Mexican game

It seems Simoes is keeping a core team of players. The only new person is Shavar which is good to see.

Taken from www.jamaicawin.com

Football - News
    Defender Shavar Thomas of Chivas USA in the MLS has been recalled to the Reggae Boyz squad which will tackle Mexico at the National Stadium on Saturday, September 6 and Honduras away four days later.
    Thomas, who was a fixture in Jamaica ’s team which failed to qualify for the World Cup in 2002, will help to bolster a defense which at best has been described as suspect.
    The other overseas-based players are:
    Tyrone Marshall
    Andy Williams
    Ricardo Gardner
    Ricardo Fuller
    Ian Goodison
    Demar Phillips
    Luton Shelton
    Rudolph Austin
    Wolry Wolfe
    Deon Burton
    The local-based players will be added after camp breaks next week.
    The game at the National Stadium will begin at 1:00pm Jamaica time.
    (JamaicaWin.com will provide LIVE TEXT of the game

deon burton ,why him?
    “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by Raggs View Post
      deon burton ,why him?
      Seems as if form doesn't matter when it comes to Simoes,he picks people on past reputation.

Comment

Burton don't deserve his spot based on his Canada performance?

Comment

Originally posted by Brush View Post
          Burton don't deserve his spot based on his Canada performance?
          He worked hard against Canada,but he never looked a threat upfront.We need goals or a striker to at least worry defenders.

Comment

he is a a 'good' bwoy for Rene....enuff ta get selected i suppose.
            “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Even more significant is it justifies my concerns and that of some of my fellow ites(refused to wait on Simoes's opinion in order to form ours)that it makes sense to have a proven defender as an option.
              Can't understand why the workhorse(Omar Daley) is not on the squad.

Blessed

Comment

Burton a di wuss!!! Come on, Simoes. PLEASE GIVE IT A REST WID HIM. Di man a di worst ting inna a JA jersey now. We would've done better against Canada if he didn't give the ball away everytime he got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
                  Burton a di wuss!!! Come on, Simoes. PLEASE GIVE IT A REST WID HIM. Di man a di worst ting inna a JA jersey now. We would've done better against Canada if he didn't give the ball away everytime he got it.
                  I am glad somebody seen the same thing weh mi see. I am not gonna say Burton is a bad player but playing as a lone striker is not his strength he is a better striker playing with someone he doesn't hold the ball up he haven't got the pace and craft to worry defenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                    I am glad somebody seen the same thing weh mi see. I am not gonna say Burton is a bad player but playing as a lone striker is not his strength he is a better striker playing with someone he doesn't hold the ball up he haven't got the pace and craft to worry defenders.
                    Playing as a footballer is not his strength.

Comment

burton was proably man of the match against canada... we have to mature and understand dribbling and piling is always the effective thingh. Without Burton we dont get anything from the CA game.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                        burton was proably man of the match against canada... we have to mature and understand dribbling and piling is always the effective thingh. Without Burton we dont get anything from the CA game.

Boss, i have the match downloaded in mi watch it bout 3 time. Di man a di WUSS!! He gave away the ball every damn time he got it. The few times we were trying to pass round the ball and build progressively him sheg up the whole play by either running out of touch wid di ball or simply being tackled easily. He perhaps made one good pass throughout the game. That's the time when he spread the ball to Phillips after he held on to it too long and almost gave it away. Unnuh stop with the favouratism please. Download di match and watch it closely again.

Shelton came on and did what Burton should've been doing. If Shelton had started, we woulda probably win. No lie.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                          OJ me always respect your views but this time me have to disagree.Burton worked hard chase down everything but he kept giving the ball away, he wasn't a threat to the Canadian defence. if Shelton,Fuller or king had started that game we might be sitting here right now with 3 points instead of 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                            OJ me always respect your views but this time me have to disagree.Burton worked hard chase down everything but he kept giving the ball away, he wasn't a threat to the Canadian defence. if Shelton,Fuller or king had started that game we might be sitting here right now with 3 points instead of 1.
                            ...or perhaps one of the 'chasedowns' where Burton applied pressure would not have been done and we would have lost?

There is always the other side!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                              ...or perhaps one of the 'chasedowns' where Burton applied pressure would not have been done and we would have lost?

There is always the other side!
                              Pffft. Keep dreaming. Burton made little to No contribution in that match. His "chasedowns" didn't do anything as Canada had a lot of chances and really deserved to win when u look at the amount of easy chances they got. Matter of fact, if he hadn't given the ball away on so many occasions they wouldn't have had so many chances. Shelton fi start and Burton fi get send back a England.

Comment

Working...
                              X