No announcement yet.

Goodison ..Thats all I have to say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exile, tek it from mi. You know I was one saying Pepe had no place on this team. I was forced to eat my words yesterday. The man played a hell of a game. He only needs another good defender in center of defense to work with him as Taylor not cutting it.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

What nonsense? Just expressing my observation boss. Go back and read the posts. Yes, we really have a set of hypocrites here...who said that recently?

Comment

Tilla, I believe you. Thing is... will he be CONSISTENT? Then the next bad game, we call for his head. Isn't that the story of Jamaican football? We all have our favourites, our area balla, our proverbial scapegoat. Are we really fielding our best 11?

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Goodison has been consistent unlike the other members of the defense. The rest of the youth them running round in circles and giving away the ball under pressure while a man running at half the speed is able to tackle those same players and not give away the ball.

Comment

Pepe was able to show his worth because if you look at the game you would notice that majority of the Mexican attack centered around their play on their rightside or our left. The freekick came out of an attack on our leftside and the second goal materalized through Bibi's blounder on the left. I say again, Bibi and Demar made life difficult for Goodison yesterday, Dos Santos was having his way with them. People keep calling for Jerome Taylor's head but I don't think he was the problem yesterday. Our midfielders were non existent for majority of the game. They were not able to execute from our 1/3 to even the middle 1/3 of the field. They gave our forwards no service and did a poor job at making themselves available for the pass from our defenders or goalkeeper resulting in the long balls out of the back.

I got the feeling that the middle was hiding yesterday no one seem comfortable with the ball at their feet which led to them not showing for or supporting the pass. If Simoes can get our middle to play up to their abilities then I am confident that we will get a positive result in Honduras.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush View Post
                Pepe was able to show his worth because if you look at the game you would notice that majority of the Mexican attack centered around their play on their rightside or our left. The freekick came out of an attack on our leftside and the second goal materalized through Bibi's blounder on the left. I say again, Bibi and Demar made life difficult for Goodison yesterday, Dos Santos was having his way with them. People keep calling for Jerome Taylor's head but I don't think he was the problem yesterday. Our midfielders were non existent for majority of the game. They were not able to execute from our 1/3 to even the middle 1/3 of the field. They gave our forwards no service and did a poor job at making themselves available for the pass from our defenders or goalkeeper resulting in the long balls out of the back.

I got the feeling that the middle was hiding yesterday no one seem comfortable with the ball at their feet which led to them not showing for or supporting the pass. If Simoes can get our middle to play up to their abilities then I am confident that we will get a positive result in Honduras.
                Bibi?
                Take another look!
                ..and Jerome Taylor was beaten again and again...but the Mexicans failed to finish!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

JT like Shavar doesn't have the quickest reaction time. However, unlike Shavar his positioning is quite poor.

Comment

Yeah did you see the play where he had the step on the man but in two strides the man almost beat him, he barely got his big toe on that ball and played it out of bounds.

It continues to amaze me why Simoes is going for so many slow guys on the team, I continue to support the man but these choices are killing us. Williams, Goodison all need to be there more as a player /coach combination now if they are to be there at all, sitting on the bench and passing along advice than actually playing on the field.

The way Mex moves the ball is superior in Concacaf, the guys they play with are inferior from an athletic standpoint, that is why US is always eating them dinner, US is better athletically and plays a fast unrelenting style.

We have the athletees but again we are not developing the team on that concept, how many times did I see one of the guys on the Mex team beat our guys to 50-50 balls, how many times no one was marking guys running around free in the goal area, the last two goals was nothing but our plain inept attitude, Gardener gave away the ball and we bungled every attempt to regain possession, the second goal was the same thing and no one was anywhere close to the goal scorer.

We must have the philosophy of playing defense first and maintain possession and counter second, we must develop the methods of playing suffocating defense this must be the pillar on which Jakan ball is built, our marking is way too loose, our ability to possess the ball was not even poor it was non existent, these in my mind are the two pillars we must build on, suffocating defense attained through hard close marking, not dirty playing like I saw quite a couple of time last night, totally unnecessary, finding the right athletes size, speed intelligence and grit, guys who can handle the ball and maintain possession until an opportunity presents itself rather than banging it up field for a quick return down the field by the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                      Yeah did you see the play where he had the step on the man but in two strides the man almost beat him, he barely got his big toe on that ball and played it out of bounds.

It continues to amaze me why Simoes is going for so many slow guys on the team, I continue to support the man but these choices are killing us. Williams, Goodison all need to be there more as a player /coach combination now if they are to be there at all, sitting on the bench and passing along advice than actually playing on the field.

The way Mex moves the ball is superior in Concacaf, the guys they play with are inferior from an athletic standpoint, that is why US is always eating them dinner, US is better athletically and plays a fast unrelenting style.

We have the athletees but again we are not developing the team on that concept, how many times did I see one of the guys on the Mex team beat our guys to 50-50 balls, how many times no one was marking guys running around free in the goal area, the last two goals was nothing but our plain inept attitude, Gardener gave away the ball and we bungled every attempt to regain possession, the second goal was the same thing and no one was anywhere close to the goal scorer.

We must have the philosophy of playing defense first and maintain possession and counter second, we must develop the methods of playing suffocating defense this must be the pillar on which Jakan ball is built, our marking is way too loose, our ability to possess the ball was not even poor it was non existent, these in my mind are the two pillars we must build on, suffocating defense attained through hard close marking, not dirty playing like I saw quite a couple of time last night, totally unnecessary, finding the right athletes size, speed intelligence and grit, guys who can handle the ball and maintain possession until an opportunity presents itself rather than banging it up field for a quick return down the field by the opponent.
                      Thank you, sir!
                      That inability to pass and maintain possession shocked me. I had to call my good friend Tilla and share my amazement and fustration on the apparent lack of improvement since 1998.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yes Karl, You see they were ready for us and we were not ready for them, they know our advantage is the one on one individual, so they played suffocating defense in our half shutting down the ability to build anything at all, it seems everytime someone got the ball there were two guys coming into his view finder range, they know how we play ball and with Sven in there they really did well, i am impressed with them last night. I though Sven was going to be a tough fit and he would be out of Mex midway through this round but things are looking good for them.

Comment

tru wuds!
                          lata!

Comment

gut you need to mention that the Mexicans were not playing clean either. They tried to use bandmanism on us in the game too.

Our defending was not the best but it was 100% better than the last few years. Do you think the field size play any part in how we look?

Jamaica need to practice on big fields to even start to learn how to move ball. We get away with many things in stadium as it is easy to run back and cover, not so in the Mexico. You get beaten, you get beaten.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                            X