You heard it here first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You heard it here first

Some times this afternoon when the team returns from the disasterous trip to Central America, Burrell is goiung to try and dump the blame for this team at the feet of Boxhill.

Who else can he blame, certainly not his buddy Rene Simoes who could not beat a half decent local team in the build up to the games, nor who had no clue who the players are at his disposal or the make up and quality of the CONCACAF teams he would be playing.

Of course he will try to ignore the fact that the reason we dropped so low in the FIFA rankings was due largely to inactivity as they could not get any country to play us.

He will also ignore the fact that the one last friendly international that was organised before the start of the Semi-final would have been played in Chicago where we have no real fan base and any fool (Including Boxhill) might have tries to tell the promoters to try and play it else where even in canada or closer to a place where there was a stronger Caribbean influence.

Or if they insisted on playing in Chicago the best team to play against us would be Poland which has strong influence in that area.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

is dis good news bring yuh back to us?!!! welcome sah.....

your bvi friend is still here in all her delectableness!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

She sent me photos of the BVI celebrations during the Olympics..not the pictures I was expecting...SIGH
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

heheheheheheh......yuh stay deh....btw i was in oracabessa for 5 days at the beginning of the month....had a party for the missis' 40th at firefly...wayne armond played some GOOD music yuh si......

bwoy.....ub40's oracabessa moonshine is one WICKED chune!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Rahtid ... Sickko back in the place! Whats up boss? Let me guess ... on a "Told You So" mission. Well .. yeah .. you did call it.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

No wonder my friend from the pharmacy had only great things to say about you...treating the missus to a nice birthday presnet...good man.

See some one has some taste to hire Wayne Armond as well
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Welcome back sah, and it looks like your initial observations on Simoes was spot on. Unfortunately, it is a bit too late now, and the ship has sunk.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

well dat wasn't di real present...shi driving the 'real" present.

Comment

what else...Burrell acted like a jilted high school lover when he came in and swept the slate clean as he never forgave Boxhill for beating him at his own game in winning the 2003 elections.

Instead of trying to help the football product he sulked like a child and never even once watched the team play at the national stadium and never even lifted a finger to help jamaica's football product.

If anything he helped to keep it down and destroy it so he could come back but he did not realise that he would help to bring it down so low, that not even he could bring it back so quickly.

Chickens coming home to roost
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

..and here I am wasting my time being a bruk pocket journalist when I could be a lawyer in the BVI...kiss teeth..no wonder RF and HL call me bad minded and grudgeful
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

well is pure bread and water fi di nex 12 months fi mi.....

Comment

Make sense and it wouldn't be surprising to me given that at least it is our nature to "circle the wagon," point fingers elsewhere and all that stuff.

The Chicago thing was embarassing but if the organizer was Chicago base or the attempt was driven by the organizer, I wouldn't blame burrell.

Anyway, all this morning after blood letting is useless. We continue to have inflated expectations of our players and continue to ignore that until we get some decent foundation to teach them the game from their youth, we will continue to look second best. We can all wring our hands but even at the youth level we struggle. Burrell and Simoes are just band aids over a festering sore...

Comment

Working...
                        X