RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's lots of football being played....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's lots of football being played....

Take CONMEBOL for example:

Brazil dismayed by Bolivia draw

Brazil was booed off the field after the 0-0 draw against Bolivia on Wednesday, which was a player short for most of the second half and is last in the South American World Cup qualifying group.

If the jeers in Rio de Janeiro's Engenhao Stadium were not as loud as might have been expected, it was only because the stadium was half full.
    "It isn't worth it to watch the game," college student Andre Luiz Oliveira said as he waited for a bus in Ipanema. "Why waste my time if they're going to play like this?"

Brazil had hoped to follow Sunday's convincing 3-0 win at Chile, with both the players and Dunga calling for more respect for the team after that victory. But little was being shown Thursday.

Roberto Assaf, a columnist for the Rio de Janeiro sports daily Lance, said it was possibly Brazil's worst game "in many years."
    Brazil's Ronaldinho said he understood the fans' dismay, but said that the team was focusing on the future.

"The crowd expected a great performance, a spectacle, especially after the win against Chile," Ronaldinho said. "Now we're thinking of the next opportunity to play well and rectify this."
    Brazil plays Venezuela on Oct. 11, when Bolivia takes on Peru.
    Dunga, for his part, said he would not resign.
    "I'll continue my work," he said after the match, noting that several previous Brazil teams have struggled in World Cup qualifiers. "It's not all sunshine and roses."

Bolivia coach Erwin Sanchez said the result would allow his players to "dream again, imagine again." "We all have bad nights and tonight was Brazil's time to have one," Sanchez said.

Top 4 teams qualify automatically for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. The 5th place finisher will play a home-and-home series against CONCACAF's 4th place finisher to determine the final berth from the Western Hemisphere. Teams in ALL CAPS have qualified.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL
Working...
X