RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlon King clears the air.......Rene Simoes thin Skinned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlon King clears the air.......Rene Simoes thin Skinned!

Marlon King clears the air

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Marlon King, the striker sidelined by sacked technical director Rene Simoes, revealed yesterday that he, too, was unsure of why he was left out of the Jamaican squad for subsequent World Cup Qualifying games, but made it clear that he did not have a personal confrontation with the Brazilian.

King, 28, has however, admitted that he did express his disappointment to Simoes during the country's first World Cup Qualifier against the Bahamas on June 15 at the National Stadium, after being substituted in the 69th minute by Deon Burton, a hero of the 1998 World Cup team.
    Undoubtedly Jamaica's premier striker, King was an unused substitute during the return leg, as Jamaica romped to a 13-0 aggregate win.
    The Hull City striker, who scored a brace on Saturday to lead his English Premiership side to a surprise 2-1 win over Newcastle, has not been considered since then, fuelling speculations about a rift between himself and technical boss.

Speaking yesterday on KLAS Sport magazine programme Scoreboard, King said he didn't have any "personal confrontation" with the Brazilian coach, but like what is normal everywhere else, he said players are free to express an opinion or make suggestions to their coaches.
    "And that's all I did," said King.
    "I just said (to Simoes) that I was disappointed," he added, regarding his playing time.

When asked about his interest to re-join the Reggae Boyz for their upcoming assignments, King responded in the affirmative.
    "I'm always ready. Whenever called upon I'm always there," he said.

Simoes was fired after Jamaica lost 0-2 to Honduras on September 10, leaving the team with only a mathematical chance of qualifying, having just a point from three games.

Jamaica are at the bottom of the four-team Group B CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying Semi-Final Round, trailing leaders Mexico with maximum nine points and Honduras with six points. Canada are also on one point.
    Last edited by Karl; September 16, 2008, 09:34 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Originally posted by X View Post
    When asked about his interest to re-join the Reggae Boyz for their upcoming assignments, King responded in the affirmative.
    Yuh hear wha di man seh. Could you ask for anything more from a player? When man a retire cause dem vex at administration den all of a sudden mek demself available when regime change unnuh nuh have nuh problem but unnuh have problem wit man who willing fi play fi anybody, anytime, anywhere.

Comment

We as a people like to cut off our noses to spite our faces. No King, No Hex!
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Did he used expletives and what punishment fits the crime?

Originally posted by X View Post
        Marlon King clears the air

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Marlon King, the striker sidelined by sacked technical director Rene Simoes, revealed yesterday that he, too, was unsure of why he was left out of the Jamaican squad for subsequent World Cup Qualifying games, but made it clear that he did not have a personal confrontation with the Brazilian.
        King, 28, has however, admitted that he did express his disappointment to Simoes during the country's first World Cup Qualifier against the Bahamas on June 15 at the National Stadium, after being substituted in the 69th minute by Deon Burton, a hero of the 1998 World Cup team.
        Undoubtedly Jamaica's premier striker, King was an unused substitute during the return leg, as Jamaica romped to a 13-0 aggregate win.
        The Hull City striker, who scored a brace on Saturday to lead his English Premiership side to a surprise 2-1 win over Newcastle, has not been considered since then, fuelling speculations about a rift between himself and technical boss.
        Speaking yesterday on KLAS Sport magazine programme Scoreboard, King said he didn't have any "personal confrontation" with the Brazilian coach, but like what is normal everywhere else, he said players are free to express an opinion or make suggestions to their coaches.
        "And that's all I did," said King.
        "I just said (to Simoes) that I was disappointed," he added, regarding his playing time.
        Simoes was fired after Jamaica lost 0-2 to Honduras on September 10, leaving the team with only a mathematical chance of qualifying, having just a point from three games.
        Jamaica are at the bottom of the four-team Group B CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying Semi-Final Round, trailing leaders Mexico with maximum nine points and Honduras with six points. Canada are also on one point.

Talk Back No comments have been postedPost your comments
        I believe that Simoes is thin skinned, I will never forgot how be banned Paul Young for speaking out against the UB40 import. Paul did not deserve to be dropped for that.

If King used expletives then he should be given a hearing and suspended. He has sat out four matches, that is enough.
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

That was the root of the impasse bewteen Simoes and Walter Boyd also. Once The Pearl stood up and said he was against the influx of the UB40's,
          Simoes began to ostracize him.
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

I saw spme of the incident on tv. When King was being subbed, he shook his head, and walked off very slowly. Thats all I saw, never saw what happened after that. I think this is normal in modern football.
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
              That was the root of the impasse bewteen Simoes and Walter Boyd also. Once The Pearl stood up and said he was against the influx of the UB40's,
              Simoes began to ostracize him.

We owe to ourselves to get the facts right. Simoes and Boyd had problems long before we dreamt of inviting UB 40s. And I am one of Walter's biggest supporter.

I am sure we can expose Simoes' deficiencies without speculating.

Comment

Same thing Ruud did a Man U.

A pro player, He got 68 minute in a match that is not crucial and as a senior player King should have known better.

In a game like Bahamas you a screw cause them tek you off? I bet you he didn't tell half of the story.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Can we stop whining now? It is clear that if the next coach wants him back he will get his invite and come back and score 20 goals. I would not have a problem with that. But I also would not have a problem with a coach feeling that he is not a team player.

At the end of the dat - SUPPORT!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

if he get subbed he get subbed.. why he ask to run him mouth..

Comment

I see it happen everyday in football, players being less than pleased about being subbed. Not sure I agree that a player should be banished from international footbal lbecause of it though. Like I said, based on what i saw on TV, its very normal...there must be MUCH more to it than what i saw.
                      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

especially against Bahamas. Why would you want to give your best player 90 minutes against them anyway?
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Under most good coaches it won't happen. If it does then you could be banished. TV can fool you but the thing is, how did King behave throughout the camp and game?

Comment

I think King talks too much.. Yet they are always players who are Troublesome and you have to find a way to deal with them as they can make your team win.

Comment

ture.. it happens but how is it dealt with. If he goes to the manager and said hey you cant sub me then he may get run off the team because the manager will use him to set an example that no one is bigger than the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X