• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KING could miss qualifiers

King - back trouble.
    KING STRUGGLING WITH BACK INJURY

By Andy Hampson, PA Sport

Hull manager Phil Brown admits he is reluctant for striker Marlon King to report for international duty with Jamaica next week.
    King has been unable to train with the Barclays Premier League high-flyers this week due to a back problem and is doubtful for Sunday's trip to Tottenham.
    Brown is hoping the 28-year-old, on a season-long loan from Wigan, will prove his fitness on Saturday but any further setbacks could scupper his international comeback.
    King was left out by former Reggae Boyz boss Rene Simoes but the Brazilian's sacking last month has led to a recall for this month's crucial World Cup qualifiers against Mexico and Honduras.
    Brown said: "I have had a problem managing Marlon King this week in that I haven't got him on the training ground.
    "Hopefully he will be on the training ground this weekend with a view to playing on Sunday.
    "But he has got a back problem and that is causing me a problem. Therefore an 11-hour flight to Jamaica the next day would not be conducive to curing that problem."
    Brown insists he does not want to get involved in a club-versus-country row and will be contacting the Jamaican Football Federation ahead of the Spurs game to warn them King may need to pull out. He also says King accepts the situation.
    Theodore Whitmore, a former Hull player, is in interim charge of Jamaica with former Liverpool and England winger John Barnes due to take over in November.
    "I am trying to nip a problem in the bud," Brown added. "I will be speaking to the Jamaican FA to mark their card with regards to a possible problem after the game.
    "It is not a club-versus-country situation. Marlon's take on it is if there is any problem he doesn't want to travel. He wants to be ready for the West Ham game in a fortnight.
    "He is well aware of what we are trying to do here. He is one million percent behind what we are trying to achieve."
    Hull have enjoyed a remarkable start to life in the top flight and last week became only the second team to beat Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.
    The Tigers have collected 11 points from their opening six fixtures, nine more than Sunday's opponents.
    Yet despite Spurs' poor form - they go into the game at White Hart Lane bottom of the table - Brown has no doubts about their quality.
    He said: "I think we would all agree Tottenham are one of a small handful of teams that could break into the top four. I haven't changed my opinion.
    "I still think they have got a very good team on paper. At this moment in time - it was similar to what I had at this football club, albeit at a different level - you have got a group of talented players that are choking because of the situation the club are in.
    "That's what I had on this training ground the first day I arrived.
    "But they have just managed to get through the UEFA Cup tie, which will give them a bit of respite and a bit of a confidence boost.
    "There is a level of ability at Tottenham that is quite capable of winning Premier League games.
    "If Tottenham's best team comes out of the changing rooms on Sunday it will be a very difficult game."
    Arsenal may have been guilty of underestimating Hull last week and Brown admits opposing sides will now be more aware of their quality.
    He added: "People are slowly but surely sitting up and paying attention. That gives you a fresh challenge.
    "For any side to go to the Emirates and get a result - of course there might be one or two thinking that was a fluke result and hopefully that might be Tottenham on Sunday."
    Sunday's referee Rob Styles will also be under pressure after being widely criticised for awarding Manchester United a penalty against Bolton last weekend after what seemed a fair challenge by Jlloyd Samuel.
    Brown said: "I think where Rob is concerned you have got a top-drawer referee who has made a poor decision. He came out and admitted he made a poor decision.
    "You cannot dismiss top-class referees for one bad decision in one game. We approach the game in exactly the same way."
    Wadadah (peace & love)

Originally posted by Delly's View Post
    King - back trouble.
    KING STRUGGLING WITH BACK INJURY

By Andy Hampson, PA Sport

Hull manager Phil Brown admits he is reluctant for striker Marlon King to report for international duty with Jamaica next week.
    King has been unable to train with the Barclays Premier League high-flyers this week due to a back problem and is doubtful for Sunday's trip to Tottenham.
    Brown is hoping the 28-year-old, on a season-long loan from Wigan, will prove his fitness on Saturday but any further setbacks could scupper his international comeback.
    King was left out by former Reggae Boyz boss Rene Simoes but the Brazilian's sacking last month has led to a recall for this month's crucial World Cup qualifiers against Mexico and Honduras.
    Brown said: "I have had a problem managing Marlon King this week in that I haven't got him on the training ground.
    "Hopefully he will be on the training ground this weekend with a view to playing on Sunday.
    "But he has got a back problem and that is causing me a problem. Therefore an 11-hour flight to Jamaica the next day would not be conducive to curing that problem."
    Brown insists he does not want to get involved in a club-versus-country row and will be contacting the Jamaican Football Federation ahead of the Spurs game to warn them King may need to pull out. He also says King accepts the situation.
    Theodore Whitmore, a former Hull player, is in interim charge of Jamaica with former Liverpool and England winger John Barnes due to take over in November.
    "I am trying to nip a problem in the bud," Brown added. "I will be speaking to the Jamaican FA to mark their card with regards to a possible problem after the game.
    "It is not a club-versus-country situation. Marlon's take on it is if there is any problem he doesn't want to travel. He wants to be ready for the West Ham game in a fortnight.
    "He is well aware of what we are trying to do here. He is one million percent behind what we are trying to achieve."
    Hull have enjoyed a remarkable start to life in the top flight and last week became only the second team to beat Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.
    The Tigers have collected 11 points from their opening six fixtures, nine more than Sunday's opponents.
    Yet despite Spurs' poor form - they go into the game at White Hart Lane bottom of the table - Brown has no doubts about their quality.
    He said: "I think we would all agree Tottenham are one of a small handful of teams that could break into the top four. I haven't changed my opinion.
    "I still think they have got a very good team on paper. At this moment in time - it was similar to what I had at this football club, albeit at a different level - you have got a group of talented players that are choking because of the situation the club are in.
    "That's what I had on this training ground the first day I arrived.
    "But they have just managed to get through the UEFA Cup tie, which will give them a bit of respite and a bit of a confidence boost.
    "There is a level of ability at Tottenham that is quite capable of winning Premier League games.
    "If Tottenham's best team comes out of the changing rooms on Sunday it will be a very difficult game."
    Arsenal may have been guilty of underestimating Hull last week and Brown admits opposing sides will now be more aware of their quality.
    He added: "People are slowly but surely sitting up and paying attention. That gives you a fresh challenge.
    "For any side to go to the Emirates and get a result - of course there might be one or two thinking that was a fluke result and hopefully that might be Tottenham on Sunday."
    Sunday's referee Rob Styles will also be under pressure after being widely criticised for awarding Manchester United a penalty against Bolton last weekend after what seemed a fair challenge by Jlloyd Samuel.
    Brown said: "I think where Rob is concerned you have got a top-drawer referee who has made a poor decision. He came out and admitted he made a poor decision.
    "You cannot dismiss top-class referees for one bad decision in one game. We approach the game in exactly the same way."
    If King can't make it (suffer not God), I wan't them to get Beckford!

Comment

Beckford?!!? A who dat now?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Would Beckford heart be set on playing for the Boyz!!! This is the question
        Wadadah (peace & love)

Comment

Who is Beckford?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Who is Beckford?!?!
            jermaine beckford at leeds

Comment

King played 81 mins today..so mek him nuh come play next week..
              Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

and him better than everything we have, right?

King play inna the EPL so him better than all we have, what is Beckford claim to fame now since him and a do him thing inna league one?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Why unnuh always throw in some random name fi replace ppl? Jesus christ mon!! While we at it, THROW IN TEGAT DAVIS!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X