In order for Jamaica to beat Honduras on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In order for Jamaica to beat Honduras on

Wednesday and by a big margin for goal difference ,we need to get King , Lesbie, Khari Stephenson, Jason Morrison and Andy Williams in this squad. Jamaica have to win by at least 3-0 and hope canada draw or beat mexico. All Honduras need is a draw so we are going to need strikers firing on all cylinders. Honduras midfield and strikers are good but their defenders are shaky. I would invite Nosworthy and John Barnes for this game in the sky box. We need more Steel in the midfield. We also need to know that this game is not the last. We must be well prepared for Canada because even thought they are out , they are not coming to lose this game. This Honduras game will be the turning point for 2014.

I heard a commentator on NNN this morning talking about winning by a wide margin. Lets not get too carried away. Lets get the first goal first and at the same time keep a clean sheet. If another chance comes our way fine.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

This guy

Dummy the squad has already been named for both games....!! I have seen your post's before and have ignored them to this point but I swear I could not let this one get pass...Please stop posting garbage, thank you!!
      At a young age winning is not the most important thing... the important thing is to develop creative and skilled players with good confidence.

Arsene Wenger

Comment

TEK TIME WID HIM !!! even though his monkier is NO MERCY...at times we have to show him MERCY !!

Last edited by Twan; October 13, 2008, 09:57 AM.
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by No Mercy View Post
          Wednesday and by a big margin for goal difference ,we need to get King , Lesbie, Khari Stephenson, Jason Morrison and Andy Williams in this squad. Jamaica have to win by at least 3-0 and hope canada draw or beat mexico. All Honduras need is a draw so we are going to need strikers firing on all cylinders. Honduras midfield and strikers are good but their defenders are shaky. I would invite Nosworthy and John Barnes for this game in the sky box. We need more Steel in the midfield. We also need to know that this game is not the last. We must be well prepared for Canada because even thought they are out , they are not coming to lose this game. This Honduras game will be the turning point for 2014.
          Just a fit King and Lisbie!

King to bolster the attack...and the Lisbie we knew to replace Austin who has been ruled out because of an accumulation of cautions.

Tappa did an excellent job! Shelton and Fuller need there own sit-down and talking to...specifically Shelton. The man seems to have taken over from Fuller with the numerous instances of giving the ball to the opposition.

a) Twice Shelton was stupidly caught in an offside position that ruined Reggae Boyz possession and attacks. Shelton just refused to jog back after previous attack had broken down and thus negated the effort his TEAMmates had put out to regain possession...and destroyed his TEAM's subsequent attack!

b) Twice he held on to the ball and 'coughed' it up. Twice simply giving it directly to Mexico.

c) Twice he tried to go it alone when he had support players to his right and left.

Sure he made a good pass to Fuller for the goal ...but he could have give us at least 3 more good shots at making Mexico pay . ...as it was when he was at Sheffield so it is now...he refuses to play the simple TEAM ball often.

I hope a fit King comes in for him. Wish we had someone else to displace him.

He could have lost us the game with his antics as Mexico ( - and all the good world TEAMs often...) - often use the turn-over of the ball to string passes together and make the offending TEAM pay...particularly when the offending TEAM has a problem keeping up with and negating the swift interchange of the ball by these technically excellent TOP WORLD TEAMs.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Just a fit King and Lisbie!

King to bolster the attack...and the Lisbie we knew to replace Austin who has been ruled out because of an accumulation of cautions.

Tappa did an excellent job! Shelton and Fuller need there own sit-down and talking to...specifically Shelton. The man seems to have taken over from Fuller with the numerous instances of giving the ball to the opposition.

a) Twice Shelton was stupidly caught in an offside position that ruined Reggae boyz possession adn attacaks.

b) Twice he held on to the ball and 'coughed' it up. Twice simply giving it directly to Mexico.

c) Twice he tried to go it alone when he had support players to his right and left.

Sure he made a good pass to Fuller for the goal...but he could have give us at least 3 more good shots at making mexico pay. ...as it was when he was at Sheffield so it is now...he refuses to play the simple TEAM ball often.

I hope a fit King comes in for him. Wish we had someone else to displace him.

He could have lost us the game with his antics as Mexico - and all the good world TEAMs - often use the turn-over of the ball to string passes together and make the offending TEAM pay...particularly when the offending TEAM has a problem keeping up with and negating the swift interchange of the ball by these technically excellent TOP WORLD TEAMs.
            But Karl....King is not in the squad...Lisbie is no longer imterested..and by the way, he is a forward..Austin is a midfielder..

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
              But Karl....King is not in the squad...Lisbie is no longer imterested..and by the way, he is a forward..Austin is a midfielder..
              ...and King and Lisbie could not be called by the mighty "Tappa"?
              We do know King is (or was) registered to play. We do know it was King who informed us that he was hurt and unavailable.

Lisbie?
              Yes, he is a forward and he would be used as such. It is improving on our scoring and possession that is our main problem. (Shelton would then become our 5th forward after Cummings. Hopefully he would observe the others and learn.)

Jermaine Johnson...(...and was Omar Daley on the bench?) ...can be easily moved into Austin's position. ...better ball handlers, possible quicker and better offensively! ...and we would lose little, if anything, in defensive ability.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

King played 80 min for Hull then calls in injured for us , naah buy it.Lisbie isnt needed.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

ok don't buy it...what now?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    ...and King and Lisbie could not be called by the mighty "Tappa"?
                    We do know King is (or was) registered to play. We do know it was King who informed us that he was hurt and unavailable.

Lisbie?
                    Yes, he is a forward and he would be used as such. It is improving on our scoring and possession that is our main problem. (Shelton would then become our 5th forward after Cummings. Hopefully he would observe the others and learn.)

Jermaine Johnson...(...and was Omar Daley on the bench?) ...can be easily moved into Austin's position. ...better ball handlers, possible quicker and better offensively! ...and we would lose little, if anything, in defensive ability.
                    The original post was referring to the game on Wednesday...so Lisbie is not an option. King has "minor back problems" after playing 82 mins..and chose not to come join us.

Daley is the closest replacement to Austin in terms of options. You mentioned JJ, but he has never been able to defend. As an attacking option he is great but to give us defense the way or close to Austin, he has never displayed that ability.

Comment

I do think we have a few options. Though I would hate to touch the backline, I think Omar could come in and trade places with Marshall..Edither Marshall or Omar can play Austin's role...Also, we have additional defenders, Shavar, Stew peas, and Demar. And Don't Forget Jermain Taylor can also slip into that Defending Mid role..I rather him there than in Defence.

I would leave King in Engalnd for now. The team Harmony is great as is and based on reports from previous camps, it might be best to continue the momentum with the current set of players

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
                        I do think we have a few options. Though I would hate to touch the backline, I think Omar could come in and trade places with Marshall..Edither Marshall or Omar can play Austin's role...Also, we have additional defenders, Shavar, Stew peas, and Demar. And Don't Forget Jermain Taylor can also slip into that Defending Mid role..I rather him there than in Defence.

I would leave King in Engalnd for now. The team Harmony is great as is and based on reports from previous camps, it might be best to continue the momentum with the current set of players
                        Playing Taylor in the middle reduces our attacking options, as he is not that kind of player. This is a must WIN game. Daley will be able to give us both attack and defense, as well as he has a thunderbolt of a kick too.

Comment

Working...
                        X