Let me be the first to say this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me be the first to say this

Mexico will beat Honduras next month. Its up to us now to take things in our own hands and get the job done vs Canada. Based on what I saw of Honduras in the game last night, they are a decent team with very obvious flaws, any decent coach can devise a strategy to beat them at their weaknesses and nullify their strengths.

Reading the Honduran press before yesterdays game, i could tell that they were in a state of panic, making noise about refree, claiming that one of our goal posts were higher than the other, and complaining about the lack of security at the stadium. Now afetr the loss to Jamaica, they switched the venue of teh Mexico game, which was origianlly scheduled for San Pedro sula, to Tegucigalpa, and have sent for old man Carlos Pavon. They also will be missing Maynor Figaroa and Wilson Palacios for the Mexico game. They are panicing!

Mexico will be Mexico...and Sven knows that failing to win on the road would almost certainly not go down well with the media, fans and his employers, will be looking for a win to regain their confidence.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
    Mexico will beat Honduras next month. Its up to us now to take things in our own hands and get the job done vs Canada. Based on what I saw of Honduras in the game last night, they are a decent team with very obvious flaws, any decent coach can devise a strategy to beat them at their weaknesses and nullify their strengths.

Reading the Honduran press before yesterdays game, i could tell that they were in a state of panic, making noise about refree, claiming that one of our goal posts were higher than the other, and complaining about the lack of security at the stadium. Now afetr the loss to Jamaica, they switched the venue of teh Mexico game, which was origianlly scheduled for San Pedro sula, to Tegucigalpa, and have sent for old man Carlos Pavon. They also will be missing Maynor Figaroa and Wilson Palacios for the Mexico game. They are panicing!

Mexico will be Mexico...and Sven knows that failing to win on the road would almost certainly not go down well with the media, fans and his employers, will be looking for a win to regain their confidence.
    Good reading of the situation!
    We must concentrate on WINNING against Canada. The rest will take care of itself.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Good reading of the situation!
      We must concentrate on WINNING against Canada. The rest will take care of itself.
      Am I correct in saying we also need to score a lot of goals against Canada in case of a Mexico v Honduras draw?

Comment

If Mexico & Honduras draw, Jamaica will have to overcome the +3 goal difference of Honduras. Our goal difference is -3.

CONCACAF STANDINGS
        http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?...ncacaf&cc=5901
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Exactly, like 7 goals!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
            Am I correct in saying we also need to score a lot of goals against Canada in case of a Mexico v Honduras draw?
            Yes...but our record in the tournament thus far does not say we can.

In the match against Mexico we should have had more chances...but Shelton played either selfish or silly...or selfish and silly at crucial stages. In our last match we failed to tally when good opportunites arose.

...but winning is currently our waaaaaaaaay! so let's do that
            FORWARD!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

..ok..but Mexico record on the road does not inspire confidence in them beating Honduras..they have lost 1 and drawn 1.....
              The pattern has been the HOME TEAMS are winning at home..the exception being Canada..

so it somes down to us scoring 7 goals against Canada !!
              Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Like I said, Mexico will go back home to face the heat from their fans and media. sven will come under intense pressure over the next 4 weeks, and he will NO DOUBT send for all his top players. How often does Mexico face a situation where they could technically be eliminated from the Hex? this is uncharted territory for them, and sven will want to silence the media and fans.

Lets see how Honduras react to the pressure being placed on them by Jamaica. They have had things easy up to this point, lets see how they react to pressure. We know of their tendency to self destruct.
                President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

I dont think anyone on this message board would think it inconcievable for Mexico to beat Honduras by 2-3 goals. If Mexico wins 3-0, all we need to do is beat Canada by 3 and we are in.

I like the fact that Mexico is still in with a chance of being eliminated. This is the key for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
                    sven will come under intense pressure over the next 4 weeks, and he will NO DOUBT send for all his top players.
                    Oh, so Mexico was using a second string side all this while? Well, why didn't somebody tell me this?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You mean when they beat us 3-0, Canada 2-1, and Honduras 2-1?

Mexico always struggle in Kingston, so I dont think anyone should be totally surprsied that they lost here. In Canada last night, temps were hovering just above freezing when the final whistle was blown.

I dont see Mexico going 3 games unbeaten. I hear already they have summoned cuathemoc blanco for the final game next month (he missed both their last 2 games)
                      Last edited by Reggae-Fan; October 16, 2008, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Blanco? Because him a dun di MLS?!? Tiyad legs Blanco?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

40 year old latapy and 38 year old York beta the USA! he heh.

With age comes wisdom.

Comment

blanco retired.

Comment

Didnt he play in the Ja game in the Azteca?

Comment

Working...
                              X