Clear All

• Jamaicas Magic number is 7!!

Here is the deal......

Mexico 10pts +4
    Honduras 9pts +3
    Jamaica 7pts -3

November 19th 2008

Scenario:

Mexico defeat Honduras - Jamaica advances with win against Canada. Honduras eliminated

Mexico/Honduras draw - Jamaica advances with a 7 nil defeat of Canada. Honduras eliminated

Honduras defeat Mexico - Jamaica advances with a 7 nil defeat of Canada. Mexico eliminated. This is based on a 1 nil score. The greater the loss for Mexico the less Jamaica would need to score to advance

What was the name of the country that jamaica gave 5 or 6 love ?

Irrespective of the team Canada sends...a 7 nil thumping is really asking for a bit much.

Mexico beating Honduras is a more realistic outcome!

But as Jessie jackson says: 'keep hope alive!!"
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I think if we score 2 early goals and word reach Honduras, there is going to be some concern.

Duh things to get dem spooky .... blast it in the headlines "Prolific Stiker Marlon King Returns!" .. then guh out get 2 early goals ... the thought of simply going thru the motions will have to go out the window cause man cannot afford to get complacent.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie i see that great minds think alike. I was thinking of us (the JFF) taking the initiatives to ensure that Mexico go for a win in Honduras. We could do this by publicly questioning Sven's ability to take Mexico through and making sure that it reaches the Mexican media. Also, questioning their ability to win on the road, and then throwing in the ultimate insult, questioning their ability to beat the number 1 team in CONCAF - the mighty USA, when they can't even beat Jamaica who is ranked at 116. This will get their blood boiling. It comes down to politRicks my friend.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
          Lazie i see that great minds think alike. I was thinking of us (the JFF) taking the initiatives to ensure that Mexico go for a win in Honduras. We could do this by publicly questioning Sven's ability to take Mexico through and making sure that it reaches the Mexican media. Also, questioning their ability to win on the road, and then throwing in the ultimate insult, questioning their ability to beat the number 1 team in CONCAF - the mighty USA, when they can't even beat Jamaica who is ranked at 116. This will get their blood boiling. It comes down to politRicks my friend.
          yeah ! and then dem play the bad mind card and seh " well mek jamaica score 7 goals , while we draw with Honduras !! we and Honduras qualify !!
          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

You don't want do that. The Mexican giving the team enough pressure. You don't want Sven fi say screw them.

Instead say how you know Sven will do it as he can't afford to lose another game after losing to Ja and tying Canada. Remind them of Honduras bragging and saying they would beat us all. Tell them of Mexico FIFA ranking and how they will live up to that.

Yes we a cheer fi Mexico.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Just came back from a pizza shop and was speaking with a Mexican. he said that the Mexican public will not allow Sven to lose to Honduras. Sven is already under pressure as the Mexicans don't like any foreigner, especially un gringo to be in charge of their team.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                Just came back from a pizza shop and was speaking with a Mexican. he said that the Mexican public will not allow Sven to lose to Honduras. Sven is already under pressure as the Mexicans don't like any foreigner, especially un gringo to be in charge of their team.
                Mexico losing isn't the problem ... drawing the game is what concerns me.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

As yutie always seh, yuh fret too much. As long as we win our game against Canada and avoid letting any in, we will be alright. Even if both teams were to attempt to play for a 0 - 0 draw, I can't see any of them not taking their chances WHEN a goal open up for them. Once any of them score, then the other is going to increase their level of play to equalise, hence increasing the urgency of the game. Look out for someone to get a red card. Speaking about cards, how many of our players will be out for the next match due to cards? Lastly, I don't think Canada will send a full strength team to Jamaica.

Comment

Working...
                  X