Has anyone even noticed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone even noticed....

that since the inclusion of the experienced Claude Davis and Damion Stewart in the backline, the team hasnt conceded a goal in 2 games? Revisit the first 3 matches and we conceded multiple goals in 2 out of three.

To win and advance in the semifinal round and in the hexagonal, you have to play tight and not concede many goals. The next thing we need to work on is how to master playing organised defending with a high line.

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
    that since the inclusion of the experienced Claude Davis and Damion Stewart in the backline, the team hasnt conceded a goal in 2 games? Revisit the first 3 matches and we conceded multiple goals in 2 out of three.

To win and advance in the semifinal round and in the hexagonal, you have to play tight and not concede many goals. The next thing we need to work on is how to master playing organised defending with a high line.
    Warlord,it's simple if we pick our best players who are playing good quality football week in week out,we have the potential to be the top team in Cancacaf.I make no apologies for that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post

mmmm?
      Upgrade on Taylor, Woodbine, etc?
      Not as good as they think they are?
      ...and Simoes thought they were?
      Just asking
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
        Warlord,it's simple if we pick our best players who are playing good quality football week in week out,we have the potential to be the top team in Cancacaf.I make no apologies for that statement.
        Its not only picking the best but also picking the most experienced players. You need a mix of experience and youth in the semi-final and final round. This is why I questioned Simoes' coaching ability from the beginning. Going to play away games in Canada, Honduras and Mexico with players like Taylor, Cummings, Woodbine, and Austin in your squad makes me shake my head. Think of it this way. We may not have gotten a result in Mexico but I think the Honduras game away we couldve definitely gotten a point out of that game. That precious point if we had it now, we wouldve been in control of our destiny and with a win against Canada on matchday 6 we wouldnt have to worry about scoring 6 + goals today.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          mmmm?
          Upgrade on Taylor, Woodbine, etc?
          Not as good as they think they are?
          ...and Simoes thought they were?
          Just asking

You got it right. Imagine the experience in the backline for the first 3 games. It couldve been a different scenario today. T&T did it and now they virtually have one foot in the door for the hexagonal in '09.

Comment

You don't need to apologise for that. Just don't bring up Simon Ford and Noseworthy and wi kool!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
              Dunny, we have a long way to go before being a top team in Concacaf. We have to play at a consistent level and beat the top teams often to become the top team in Concacaf. As it stands right now we're still not better than USA or Mexico even with that win last Saturday. But with time and the right development of players that can happen one day. Hopefully in our lifetime we may get a chance to see the day where Jamaica can compete with USA, Mexico and Costa Rica consistently in WCQ and beat them not only at home but in their building too.

Comment

Working...
              X