The state of fields in Ja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The state of fields in Ja

Went on a short trip and on my way around I noticed so many fields with grass all covered. I was shocked to see the Gray Inn field as this was one of the best field in Eastern Jamaica. It was cover with grass. No longer big football or cricket played there as a youth tell a just the Capleton show a di big thing there. My home field was half covered with grass and a scrimage field on one side. This was one the main field that Jermaine Taylor and his brother developed on.

If this is the state in rural Jamaica how can we produce talent to grow? Maybe the government of Jamaica or parish counsel need to buy a few lawn mower so they can cut these field every so often so that childern can play on.

Cutting these fields is more important than building academies, bigger than the DPL, Dacosta cup and Manning cup.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Not only must these fields be mown, they must be fertilized, aereated, and re-seeded.

Comment

They have come a long way! Still a long way to go to really be called quality fields, but yes, the dustbowls that we grew up on are far and few.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Number of reasons. You will see thirty players playing scrimmage on a 10 by 10 area, with teh rst of the field unused (1 ball maybe?)...not much BIG field football...

Comment

Working...
        X